superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonK-Metal Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:55:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lois Lane: Serial Bride  (Read 3777 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« on: October 14, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/tag/serial+bride+series

is all about the matrimonial Silver Age efforts of Lois Lane, to Superman and others. and is cracky good stuff!  It's sort of a follow-on to:

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/tag/lois/clark+in+the+70's

which goes into great detail about the more serious relationship Lois and Clark had in the beef bourguignon daze.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 01:34:44 PM by Uncle Mxy » Logged
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »

DEAR GOD!!!

Look at that list! I'd say Lois is a whore but she seems to insist on getting married first so I'm not sure it counts (but seeing as she'll marry anybody, maybe it does). I'd love to see that issue where she marries Jimmy, that sounds hillarious! I always figured that they would do a story where she forces Jimmy into marriage just to spite Superman (Jimmy's kind of a go-with-the-flow guy so I could definately see him going along with something like that: "You want me to marry you in a sham wedding to piss off a guy who could crush coal into diamonds since he was two and shoots lasers out of his eyes, and I probably won't even get any on the honeymoon, Miss Lane? Well, okay." Cheesy).

The using her as bait to catch a criminal thing? Not kosher, not kosher at all! This is largely the reason why I don't think the pre-crisis stuff should be seen as a continuity. Not one of Supes shining moments! Really don't want to count that as official history if I don't have to.   
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 09:10:17 PM »

The using her as bait to catch a criminal thing? Not kosher, not kosher at all! This is largely the reason why I don't think the pre-crisis stuff should be seen as a continuity. Not one of Supes shining moments! Really don't want to count that as official history if I don't have to.   

I don't think there is much danger of using these stories anymore than dredging up every world of cyclops octopi visited by Rip Hunter, Time Master. These stories were fun and mostly for young girls and it never bothered me that Superman was getting involved in the craziness. I just wasn't as obsessed with "official" when I was reading comics in the 60s.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 01:49:52 AM »

Canon was something you fired at space pirates in the 30th Century.  It was daringly different from the weaponry of today as bear witness to its sleek, futuristic spelling in the world a thousand years from 1965!
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 03:14:10 PM »

I agree.  One does have to keep in mind that the Lois comics were primarily aimed at young girls, not boys.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L