superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: best superman partnership  (Read 6183 times)
jimmy-neutron
Supermen of America

« on: October 16, 2007, 03:56:13 PM »

Just wondered who people thought was the most useful or interesting superman partnership would be? I always thought the superman-batman partnership the most interesting because of the disparity of their abilities.

I don't think there were many, if any, superman-mon-el stories around, but figure they would be kind of boring. Though the LSH stories had the possibility of various partnerships, the stories always naturally had a group basis.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »

I don't know about "useful", but I always liked seeing Superman hanging around with Vartox; I'm looking forward to seeing him again (don't blow it, Busiek!).

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 05:27:29 PM »

The odds of a Superman-Green Lantern teamup that doesn't involve outer space are low.  The odds that I enjoy a Superman-Green Lantern teamup are high.  Smiley

jimmy-neutron
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »

I guess I felt the Superman-Batman partnership worked better than Batman-Robin.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »

I'm never quite sure what I think about the new DCU's take on the Superman-Batman relationship. In some ways, I rather like the almost-adversarial, uneasy-but-respectful take. On the other hand, I do miss the days when Batman would hide in Superman's key to gain access to his fortress, then melt a wax statue and leave creepy handwritten notes about the place, because that's what friends are for.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Shazam!
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »

I would like to team up with him but for some reason I always end up in a cage fight with him until Black Adam showed up.

The Real Captain Marvel!
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »

Superman and Flash from the Golden Age comic books

Also, the rare occasions when Captain Marvel has teamed with the Man of Steel

MK
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 03:05:14 AM »

You mean "Shazam" now, right?  Roll Eyes Whatever DC. Whatever.

Actually, if I had to pick my personal favorite Superman team up character, I have to go with ones made for his world, not guys who also fill the Justice League.

So I'm gonna go with Steel, Jimmy Olsen, and Lois Lane, though not all at the same time.
Funnily enough, their best attributes are all things they have in common with Superman.  Cheesy

Lois never backs down or gives up just because she might die or something. Oh sure, it's not like she doesn't have self-preservation, just that she's fearless.

Jim thinks fast on his feet and can come up with a solution to just about any problem, powers or no. At his best, the signal watch is totally unnecessary.

John Irons, Steel, has such a noble selfless attitude, wherein he, like Superman, will never decide not to stop and help somebody. Indeed, in his first appearance, he tackles a kid out of the way of a deadly weapon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L