superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: most powerful superman villian  (Read 13353 times)
AMAZO
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 08:40:47 PM »

Bizzaro am imperfect version of Superman... him am not strong as Superman

Actually, that's a good point.  Logically shouldn't Bizarro be non-super?  Or perhaps even handicapped?

That's like the Seinfeld episode where Elaine starts pointing out that Bizarro should be black or live underwater

A GENIUS IN INTELLECT-
A HERCULES IN STRENGTH
A NEMESIS TO WRONG-DOERS-
The SUPERMAN!
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 12:14:37 AM »

What about Bizarnage?  Shocked

Has anyone ever considered Brainiac as a Super Powerful Villain? Brainiac is the perfect combination of Superman's awesome strength and Lex Luthor's evil genius.

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 03:16:19 AM »

Bizzaro am imperfect version of Superman... him am not strong as Superman

Actually, that's a good point.  Logically shouldn't Bizarro be non-super?  Or perhaps even handicapped?

I don't think so. He's an imperfect imperfect duplicate.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »

AMAZO writes:

That's like the Seinfeld episode where Elaine starts pointing out that Bizarro should be black or live underwater

Ah, beat me to it, did they?  I never could watch "Seinfeld," it just annoyed the heck out of me.  Everyone on that show bugged me in the same way Roseanne Barr/Arnold/Whatever did on her show; they always telegraphed the jokes with a look that says, "watch me say this next line...this is gonna be so witty..."  Bleh.  Everyone, that is, except Michael Richards, who played his spastic dufus character from the old "Fridays" sketch show, a caricature so incongruously over-the-top it was like writing Woody Woodpecker into "Friends".

On the other hand, I understand they did squeeze in a lot of pre-Crisis Superman lore, so kudos for spreading the faith, I guess.

NotSuper writes:
I don't think so. He's an imperfect imperfect duplicate.

Good point.  Though later writers went way overboard making everything about Bizarro and his world the "opposite" of Superman and Earth, in point of fact Bizarro is a pretty faithful copy of Superman down to the physique and even costume; he's just mentally deficient and has a chalky, craggy epidermis.

If he was the opposite of Superman, he'd be non-powered and female. 

Or Tom Welling.  (That's right I said it!)  Tongue

This looks like a job for...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 02:18:56 PM »

Someone could probably write a scholarly article on how the concept of "opposite" creeped into Bizarro...or really if "opposite" applies to people at all.  Cool
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 06:25:40 AM »

Actually, if Bizarro was Superman's complete opposite, he wouldn't exist at all. If Superman exists then (being his opposite) Bizarro shouldn't exist.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
JRJ123
Superman's Pal

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

Imperiex should be right up there in my opinion. And General Zod.

I have something to announce... I'm fat. There, I said it, now it's nobody's fault...Meg.
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »

Myxyzptlk anyday. He is immortal and can do anything!Anything at all!Well, he's not really a viilian, more like a pest.In Whatever happened To The Man Of Tommorow, he is evil.I guess composite supermAN, BUt he's unrealistic, only appeared twice, and needs to recharge frequently.I guess doomsday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L