superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonStrange Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: most powerful superman villian  (Read 13260 times)
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 05:41:05 AM »

I've always been a fan of Metallo. A guy who's not far from Superman in the strength department, and maybe even gains an advantage in the Kryptonite factor. My favorite Metallo is probably the one from Superman / Batman Public enemies...

I also love Brainiac, especially the Bronze Age one, the totally pure evil robot one. He was pretty great. Not that I don't like other Brainiacs, he's just my favorite.

Superman is a hard guy to come up with enemies for. Some of my favorites are just gangsters, Golden Age or Intergang, or anything in between.

He is supposed to fight crime, not just super-terrorists and extra-dimensional monsters.
Meach
Superman Fan

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »

Well, I guess "realistic" leaves out Composite Superman. 

How about Mongul? 

I also always thought that Faora was quite a scary and formidable villian, given her hatred of men, her obedience to Zod, and most importantly, her knowledge of Horo-Kanu. 
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 07:54:27 AM »

I always enjoyed Alan Moore's version of Bizarro, who realised that he had to kill himself since Superman is alive. Last words: "Hello, Superman. Hello."

As for the most powerful Superman villain, well, I would have thought that General Zod and his lot had pretty much cornered the market. Or Vartox, who wasn't exactly a villain, but was fantastic and why isn't he around any more? Oddly enough, I rather liked the John Byrne revamp of Luthor as the Kingpin because it made a lot of sense: here was someone Superman couldn't do anything about because his power was that of a man behind a big desk.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 06:36:36 AM »

The most powerful Superman villains would be a creative and editorial team that doesn't understand the character.
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »

Heh Heh.Touche
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L