superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Kryptonians (spoilers)  (Read 6040 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: October 21, 2007, 12:39:18 AM »

I just read Superman #668, the first issue in the "Search for the Third Kryptonian" storyline.  This is great stuff!  Chris Kent is having difficulties fitting in and not using his powers at school - a problem that had an absolutely brilliant solution involving a miniature red-sun radiation generator hidden in a "Zoo Crew" wristwatch, but apparently this was not a solution that that the boy liked.  In this issue he's already in super-powered action as Superman's side-kick, wonderful to see.

The new Kristin Wells appears on the last page, and although not much about her has yet been revealed, is it strongly hinted that she is tending the Kryptonian equivalent of pot in her back yard.  Although appearances seem to be to the contrary, I believe that it's strictly intended for her own personal use.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:37:32 AM »

The new Kristin Wells appears on the last page, and although not much about her has yet been revealed, is it strongly hinted that she is tending the Kryptonian equivalent of pot in her back yard.  Although appearances seem to be to the contrary, I believe that it's strictly intended for her own personal use.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I wonder if she has some sort of terminal disease, or a very painful condition?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:00:50 PM »

Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I wonder if she has some sort of terminal disease, or a very painful condition?

That's an interesting idea.  She is shown smoking something while she's working with the plants, so it's possible.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:27:55 PM »

It's a superweed...  superweed...  it's superweedy...  YIOW!

Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 04:22:33 PM »

Wasn't she smoking in Action Comics 850?

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 06:52:47 PM »

She was hurt by old war injuries and a botched anti-aging treatment and probably only alien space drugs could have any affect on her seeing as she is a kryptonian.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 08:02:05 AM »

I managed to pick up Superman #669 yesterday, and I must say I found Kristin Wells' origin pretty good, though the artwork was disappointing, not quite rising to the story's space opera demands. What most got my attention, though, is that she and her fellow Kryptonian space pirates had apparently been prolonging their lives by artificial means: does this provide an answer to the question fans often ask about Superman's life expectancy? Is KDB actually bluntly stating that even in other solar systems, Kryptonians don't get any extra years unless they subject themselves to specific treatments? Something to think about.

(I'm also sort of disappointed that Kristin, as a former pirate, doesn't have a more exotic vocabulary, but never mind.)

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 02:40:23 AM »

Maybe she can be like the Kryptonian Nick Fury! She's already got the cigar and white hair, now all she needs is an eyepatch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L