superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General website performance issues  (Read 8040 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: October 24, 2007, 06:29:52 PM »

I've been having some sporadic problems connecting to the website and forum, and before I proceed any further in tracking down and fixing the problem, I'd like to determine whether or not anyone other than myself is having similar issues:

For the last week or three, there have been times when I have been browsing the site and/or trying to read the forum.  Every now and then, when I try to bring up a page, my browser will be unable to connect to the site and will return an error page instead.  But after waiting anywhere from a few seconds to a minute and trying again, the page will come up fine.

Has anyone else here encountered this?

Thanks all.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »

I've had hat a couple of times myself.  I thought it was due to crappy aiport internet connection at work but I guess not...
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:27:26 PM »

Same thing here...
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »

Once last week there was a day I could get into the forums and see the usual "front page" with the listing of sections and active threads, but if I tried to go any deeper all I got was the top section of the page (everything from your in-house banner ads down to my "Hello Nightwing" status bar) and below that, a message that the thread was temporarily unavailable. For every thread.

It cleared up by the end of the day and I haven't had trouble since.  I just assumed you were doing some site maintenance for a few hours.

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54:27 PM »

Once last week there was a day I could get into the forums and see the usual "front page" with the listing of sections and active threads, but if I tried to go any deeper all I got was the top section of the page (everything from your in-house banner ads down to my "Hello Nightwing" status bar) and below that, a message that the thread was temporarily unavailable. For every thread.

It cleared up by the end of the day and I haven't had trouble since.  I just assumed you were doing some site maintenance for a few hours.

If you're talking about last Thursday or Friday, that was a database issue with the forum that lasted around 24 hours.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:34:05 PM »

A few times, maybe at worst, two or three times a day I would get a "cannot connect to this server" message. I get similar results at Supermanica.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:54:37 PM »

I've had it when trying to post a reply.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 12:19:32 AM »

It happen to me many times, but I read every single post that is made here, so that would explain why it would happen to me so many times.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L