superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonComing MIRACLE MONDAY 2017!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justice Society of America 10 KC Superman Spoilers  (Read 6491 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« on: November 01, 2007, 05:21:46 AM »

After the disappointing TotSC: Superman Prime, I thought I'd skip Justice Society of America #10. However, I decided at least to skim the issue and write a review. Here it goes.

Previous issue: Kingdom Come Superman (from New Earth-22) shows up on New Earth.

The Justice Society hold a meeting with Kingdom Come Superman. Understandably, they are a little worried. Remember Infinite Crisis? Instead of duking it out with this parallel universe Superman, they discuss where he's from; why he's here etc. KC Superman is a bit introspective with his answers, leading to Alex Ross' splash pages. See, KC Kal-L cannot get over the Justice Society together or the state of New Earth compared with New Earth-22. His appearance on New Earth appears to coincide with the nuke incident in Kingdom Come. The last thing he remembers is all the KC heroes killed. New Earth's Justice Society leave KC Sups in the meeting room, locking him in. While the JS talk amongst themselves about what to do, KC Kal-L finds he is not alone as Obsidian appears. The two discuss New Earth and KC a little more as New Earth-22 Superman uses his X-ray vision to see a world very different from his own. Meanwhile in Brooklyn, Mr T and Doc Midnight comb through the rubble where Goth was murdered. No clues are found but Doc Midnight coughs. Page ends with the letters GO carved into some wood. Back at JSH, Obsidian and KC Superman continue to talk as KC Kal-L reiterates KC's story, nuke tragedy. Small word bubbles appear saying, "this world doesn't need me". KC Superman flies to the locked door punching it down. The JSA pile on KC Superman trying to prevent his apparent unstable state. Starman increases KC Superman's weight 100X as the rest hold KC Superman down. Shrugging off the team, KC Superman staggers to his feet and flies off. Jay Garrick runs after KC Superman, even mentioning how KC Kal-L's maybe as fast as Wally West. It seems a teenage girl is about to commit suicide by walking off a ledge. After saving her, KC Superman tells the teary eyed teenager, "...Giving up never helped anyone, Miss. Trust me on that." In the Batcave, Batman displays the remains of the Kryptonite ring. At the Flash Museum, Jay Garrick and Wally West remove the Cosmic Treadmill from storage. In the sewers, the villain Chroma is attempting to escape from an unknown assailant. Meanwhile, Alan Scott and KC Superman discuss Power Girl's disappearance, as PG is shown at Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Superman's grave. Back at Central City, New Earth's Flashes discuss changing the settings to the Cosmic Treadmill to traverse parallel worlds. Chroma appears to be killed. Cyclone interrupts Alan Scott and KC Superman's conversation to tell them New Earth's Justice League has arrived. Chroma's unknown killer taunts him saying that Chroma wasn't a god but he is. ~FIN~

Next Issue

Superman meets Superman     

Oh yeah, before I forget, DC NATION posts some info about du duh du duuuu The Death of the New Gods. DC is closing the chapter on Jack Kirby's New Gods but don't worry. In future DC NATION installments, get ready for Final Crisis followed by the Fifth World
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:19:34 AM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:36:35 AM »

Meanwhile in Brooklyn, Mr T and Doc Midnight comb through the rubble where Goth was murdered.

I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven until I realised you meant Mr. Terrific!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »

Permanus, you crazy fool!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 05:31:48 PM »

http://www.mrtvseverything.com/  Cool

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »

I didn't notice the Mr. T reference  Cheesy. Oh well, here is my contribution.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lgee4_aOPWw

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 11:38:27 AM »

Other than Alex Ross flashback art, I'm just not getting the point.  JSA has felt even more disjointed plot-wise post-IC.

Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 05:29:28 PM »

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=135060

Chroma's death was reminiscent of Kid Eternity's demise in JSA 1. I'm not sure if this leads to Mordru again or a lack of originality on Johns' part. Course, GO probably ends with G.

Other than Alex Ross flashback art, I'm just not getting the point.  JSA has felt even more disjointed plot-wise post-IC.

It's probably difficult juggling cast members to give each his or her own spotlight.  I'm not sure adding more members will lessen confusion. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L