superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:26:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Seinfeld  (Read 5548 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: November 03, 2007, 01:22:59 AM »

Now, Dial B for BLOG presents the TOP TEN Superman references in "Seinfeld," listed in chronological order! There are numerous references to other super heroes in the show; this list is limited to the most prominent Superman references only. SEINFELD stars Jason Alexander as George Costanza, Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Elaine Benes, Michael Richards as Cosmo Kramer, and Jerry Seinfeld as Jerry Seinfeld. Up, up and away!

http://www.dialbforblog.com/

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 12:41:18 AM »

I remember that some random character on seinfeld shared the same name with obsure superman villian but I am totally blanking on the name right now.

So when's Seinfeld and Geoff Johns going to team up to write a superman comic?? You know Jerry wants to write superman. Even if its Supes hanging out with jimmy and lois at the coffee shop for 30 pages I'd read it.
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:47:14 AM »

I would say Superman does have a Super Sense of Humor and his biggest joke is on the whole earth and is called Clark Kent.

Also back during the golden age and Bronze age Supes was a real "trash talker" (well not as bad as other heroes but he did do it alot) he shined away from that during the Silver age a bit though. I would say "trash talk" as a bit of humor in it for it to work.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 11:37:33 AM »

I discovered Seinfeld quite late (it was always shown in curious slots here in Europe), but when I finally did, the Superman references were what got me hooked. I still think it's a wonderful show, and the Bizarro episode is one of my favourites. ("Is he black? Does he live underwater?")

Carmine, you're quite right about Superman's sense of humour: if he didn't have one, there would be no Clark Kent. He's obviously a very good actor too - I wonder if he might have made a career of it if Krypton hadn't exploded. (Note to self: write Elseworlds story in which Kal-El receives the Kryptonian equivalent of an Academy Award.)

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »

Well remember when Supes (the first time) went back to krypton? (was it called Superman's return to Krypton?? written by jerry seigel) he fell in love with a kryptonian emotion-movie actress and he was hired as an actor on the set.

Plus when Steve Lombard was around he would try to "prank" clarkie and Supes would usually switch the joke around to work on Steve (so the bucket of water would fall on Steve's head instead)

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 09:52:01 PM »

Well remember when Supes (the first time) went back to krypton? (was it called Superman's return to Krypton?? written by jerry seigel) he fell in love with a kryptonian emotion-movie actress and he was hired as an actor on the set.

Yeah, I kind of had it in mind when I wrote my earlier post, but then I realised that Lyla Lerrol would be about thirty years older than Superman if Krypton hadn't exploded, so she'd be like Katharine Hepburn to his Al Pacino.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 06:20:57 AM »

Yeah, I kind of had it in mind when I wrote my earlier post, but then I realised that Lyla Lerrol would be about thirty years older than Superman if Krypton hadn't exploded, so she'd be like Katharine Hepburn to his Al Pacino.

Which is the very first clue that something is amiss in Alan Moore's "For the Man Who Has Everything"  -- in Superman's "Dream Krypton" he's married to Lyla Lerrol, who should be about as old as that cranky neo-fascist Jor-El.  I passed that hint during several re-readings before it was pointed out to me.  That internal contradiction should have collapsed the Black Mercy illusion from the very beginning, but Kal's continued love for Lyra overrode his logical thinking.

DTO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L