superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K-Metal Komplete  (Read 14546 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: December 17, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »

I've gotten a few emails asking about the current status of the K-Metal restoration project.

The long and the short of it is that I think the project is as done as it's going to get.  I haven't heard from any of the artists in quite a while, so I suspect that they've pretty much moved on.

I think that the project has turned out rather well and I am very pleased with it.

Many thanks to all of the creators and to all of the readers who've stuck with it through the years!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:31:08 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
LynneL
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:08:55 PM »

Congratulations!

It is a good read.
binarysunrise
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:50:58 PM »

Ah! It's so close to being complete!  Are none of the other artists able/willing to pick up the slack on the final three pages?  I've followed this project for so long, and am amazed with how far it has come.  Congrats to all.

The Speeding Bullet
   http://www.thespeedingbullet.com
--an archive of Superman newspaper strips--
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 03:16:22 AM »

A quick 2010 update:  Today I received the finished artwork for page 26; hopefully we'll be able to get the coloring and lettering done by early 2011.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
binarysunrise
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:38:33 AM »

That's great news! So to summarize:
1) 2011 should bring the colorization/lettering to the new page 1, and page 26?
2) And all that's left then is page 21 and 23?  Is there any progress update on those two?

The Speeding Bullet
   http://www.thespeedingbullet.com
--an archive of Superman newspaper strips--
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 09:46:39 PM »

1) Yup - although I'm not going to make any promises on this.  I can't speak for Sarge's coloring schedule, as understandably, his paying gigs take priority.

2) Yes, 21 and 23 are the only ones left.  No progress updates yet, but Angel is optimistic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L