superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman 2000  (Read 7544 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: December 25, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »

I've been holding off on posting the original Superman 2000 proposal by Mark Waid, Tom Peyer, Grant Morrison, and Mark Millar because I didn't want to violate any confidentiality agreements that may have existed or to otherwise step on anybody's toes.

But now that the entire proposal has been posted elsewhere on the internet, I figure it's OK to also post it here:

http://theages.superman.nu/History/2000/SUPERMAN2000.php

and the original STTA behind the scenes article:

http://theages.superman.nu/History/2000/

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:35:14 PM »

Nice to read this! I've always liked Morrison's story about meeting the Superman impersonator, though I doubt it's really true. I really like his take on Superman as a completely relaxed individual, because it makes such wonderful sense: he's right, this is a fellow who never has to brace himself or strike poses. This came through beautifully in All-Star Superman, in which Kal-El sort of strolls - almost slouches! - through the whole thing with heavily-lidded eyes. Cooler than Elvis.

I really disagree with the pitch's proposal to get rid of the trunks, though. Come on, some things are sacred!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:41:49 PM »

Incidentally, is it just me, or isn't the pitch's proposal about how to get rid of the Clark/Lois marriage exactly what happened to Spider-Man and Mary Jane, with Mephisto playing the role of Mxyzptlk?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L