superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:43:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whither "Superman.nu"?  (Read 4120 times)
Nykor
Supermen of America

« on: February 20, 2011, 12:21:56 AM »

Great Rao:
I bid you welcome from the land of the nutmeg and the constitution, from the land of the UConn Husky and the Ivy Bulldog, from the land of no purchases of beer or spirits allowed on Sundays, save in taverns.
Greetings.
Great Rao, as grateful as I am to your august self that Superman.nu and its predecessor exists/existed, I confess to some puzzlement now that the "Confessions of a Superman Fan" message boards have sublimated into the great Ethernet In The Sky. Are you going to eventually allow other late arrivals to register here, as I was permitted to a brace of years ago, so that this site can re-achieve its former hot-beddedness of activity?
I ask this for four reasons:
1. I read your piece "Whatever happened to Superman.ws?" (which I can't seem to find right now), and your reluctance to have another beloved site taken from you is completely understandable.
2. If I remember correctly, Nightwing himself referred to your available on-line comics selection about a year ago on the "CoaSF" message boards, only to see that post disappear without apparent acknowledgement or fanfare.
3. It would be a pity if contributors as keenly analytical as Commander Benson and Mr. Silver Age weren't permitted to participate freely.
4. Esthetically speaking, I much prefer this venue--the small font-size of the former was...how shall I say this?..."distancing". It was the visual equivalent of going deaf, and I really believe that it contributed to the relative lack of input from the great American public.
In closing, please forgive me for venting my loquacity--I read some Shakespeare today, and that tends to en-purple my prose.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »

My extended thanks, Nykor, for bringing this matter of forum misconfiguration to the attention of yours truly.   Registration was most likely disabled at some point in the past, during a time when this forum was unused; possibly with the intent of guiding people to use the now-defunct supermanfan.net instead.  With the latter's demise, general registration should now, of course, be re-enabled -- which it has.

My sincere apologies for the oversight in this matter.  Please feel free to bring any other problems to my attention, either now or in the future.  One may post questions in any of the "Help & Queries" sections of this forum, or contact me directly.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:04:21 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
e1supermanfan
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:20 AM »

Sorry to see supermanfan.net gone, tried using my superman.nu message board login and password which wouldn't work luckily it wasn't to hard to reregister.  Guess that's what happens not getting around to supermanfan.net for a couple of weeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L