superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSupermanicaHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Links  (Read 5952 times)
Nykor
Supermen of America

« on: March 06, 2011, 09:01:23 PM »

Great Rao:
I bring you greetings from a land of insurance underwriters, of Manhattan commuters and Bridgeport Sound Tigers, from a land containing a seat of higher learning named "Fairfield University", commonly called "F.U."
Salutations.
Great Rao, as grateful as I, a loyal brigand and a captious shmendrick, am that you have opened this site to late-arrivals, I couldn't help noticing that anyone who attempts to access the link "Superman.nu" finds him(almost never "her")self facing an alabaster firewall, denying them entry into what this lazy lackwit considers to be "the coolest website, like, ever" (I'm having that copyrighted, but feel free to use it if you want).
Initially, I thought that this oversight would be soon corrected, but now it's apparent that you have more important things to do on a Sunday than testing out the links on someone else's webpage.
I tried being the "unofficial greeter" here for awhile, in an effort to ramp up message board activity, but I'm far too paranoid for so convivial an undertaking. And, of course, you're understandably twice shy about having the whole thing converted into adspace, so if you're reluctant to fully extend your head from the carapace, I'll sadly concur.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:08:19 PM »

Can you be more specific about the problem? What sort of links are you talking about?  I have no diffculties visiting superman.nu.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Nykor
Supermen of America

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »

darn, you're fast.
Every time I click on a "Superman.nu" link, whether from the google listing or from another website, all I get is a blank page. It happened again trying to link from your response.
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:53:11 PM »

I have no problem. The Fortress of Solitude comes up, I click that and I'm inside.

India Ink
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:48:09 AM »

I had no idea that this was a general problem; as the links to superman.nu have always worked fine from every computer that I've used.  I'm curious if this is a browser-dependent issue; and if the problem also occurs with pages under http://superman.nu (like does http://superman.nu/tales2/yes/ work?) or just with superman.nu itself.

I'm also curious how many people are having this problem and how many aren't.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Nykor
Supermen of America

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 01:27:02 AM »

I'm embarassed to report that when I wrote "anyone who attempts to access the link", I really meant "only me"; but in attempting to reach STTU thru http://superman.nu that you just left, I still get only a white page (though your second link resulted in my getting the cover of Superman #247.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L