superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE STANDARD NIGHTMARE!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:08:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John F. Kennedy lived  (Read 23684 times)
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »

Im gonna say that the lost teen titans issue is the explanation of what happened to JFK.
Superman would know about JFK being in space the whole time anyways (because he's superman)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »

One-term president? Maybe he simply got found out. He was highly corrupt, but people see what they want to see. If the American public decide to have a fairy tale view of someone and his family, they will.

I agree JFK was no prize here on Earth-Prime, but we're talking about the idealized version of JFK from Earth-One, the president Superman took into his confidence like none before or after and made a personal friend and member of the "Superman family," appearing in Action, Superman, Supergirl and Bizarro stories (and probably more) and treated as a celebrity on par with Mickey Mantle, Marilyn Monroe and arguably the most revered celebrity in all of Silver Age DC, Jerry Lewis.

India's saying that for *that* guy to get killed would be as impossible as Jimmy Olsen or Perry White getting killed.  More than that, it would represent a tear in fabric of Silver Age reality, a leg without which the table cannot stand.

Not that I agree, necessarily, but that seems to be where he's going.  Certainly they stuck their necks out making JFK so prominent in the books, and I notice it's not a mistake they were quick to repeat.  Curiously, after we suffered through the Crisis, ostensibly (at least in part) to remove some of the confusion generated by 5 decades of too-easily dated stories (the JSA meeting FDR and yet still looking young-ish in the 70s, etc), the first thing DC did right out of the gate was put Ronald Reagan in "Legends."  Huh?!?!

Interestingly, after Reagan, we got a "President Forrest" (bigger version of "Bush"?) and then...well, after that I kind of dropped out.  But anyway DC has a very spotty record when it comes to presidents, inventing some and sticking to "reality" for others.  In JFK's case, it was a little of both.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:43:35 PM by nightwing » Logged

This looks like a job for...
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »

Yes exactly. That's precisely what I would have said. We're talking here about the comic book version of JFK.

India Ink
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »

He might have lived, but his animated counterpart was killed by a magic bullet, forged by Illuminati mystics to prevent the public from learning the truth.
Kilgore Trout
Superman's Pal

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »

I'd forgotten all about that story, I'll have to dig mine out for a re-read (along with my old jerry lewis comics...)

Oddly enough Stephen Kings newest novel deals with time travel and the JFK assassination...

http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/03/stephen-king-JFK-assassination/

On another note, I didn't know this site had come back to life. I stumbled on the link over at the CBR boards.

Its great to be here!
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »

how may presidents has the DCU really had?
washington
Lincoln (superman has met both of them)
then FDR
JFK
and Lex luthor

thats about it

also the president who was always in shadows seems to have been president for a long time. Mr.Shadowy was very popular
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 11:29:36 PM »

Yes Mr. Shadowy was the one who asked Superman not to travel through time under his own power, setting up the events for "The Immortal Superman."

India Ink
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »

Yes Mr. Shadowy was the one who asked Superman not to travel through time under his own power, setting up the events for "The Immortal Superman."

Is it too late to impeach him?

This looks like a job for...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L