superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The true fate of Batman - right here  (Read 5469 times)
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« on: May 14, 2011, 01:45:24 AM »

Personally I think they're being too hard on this guy. Apart from scaring old ladies, I sincerely doubt he's a threat to anyone. "Creating a disturbance"?? Get real.

As awesome as Batman is in the comics, if he existed in real life, this is what would happen to him at the start of his career. The cops would surround the building and arrest him, then cart him off to the funny farm.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/5003736/Police-nab-armed-Batman-in-small-town

A man dressed as Batman was arrested on Wednesday after police in a small Michigan town found him hanging off the side of a building and carrying concealed weapons including a baton and a can of chemical irritant spray.

Police in Petoskey, in northwest Michigan, received a call reporting that a man dressed as Batman, a comic book hero and the subject of a number of blockbuster movies, was on the roof of a building in the center of the town of about 6000 people.

Officers found Mark Wayne Williams, 31, hanging off the western wall of the building. They pulled him back onto the roof and found he was carrying the baton, spray and a pair of lead-lined gloves.

Williams was charged with several counts of carrying concealed weapons, one count of carrying a gas-ejecting weapon and another count of creating a disturbance, said John Calabrese, public safety chief in Petoskey.

"He really didn't offer us any explanation," Calabrese said when asked why Williams was in costume. "Our officers did not interrogate him at any length."

Calabrese said it was not the first time Williams has appeared in public in costume. A few years ago, he caught the attention of police by dressing as the Crow, a figure from a graphic novel.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 11:14:53 PM »

I'll take Batman over the Crow any day.

http://superman.nu/batfan/bizarre/rock/page_01.htm

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:52:42 AM »

No argument there.

That link................ I will read that one when I get time. I'm sure I have it on paper somewhere in my collection. I'll always read a comic drawn by the awesome Jim Aparo. But -- being the very big Fugitive fan that I am (ie. David Janssen), I recognise the opening Batman plot immediately from an old black and white Fugitive episode.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L