superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:45:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...And So It Ends  (Read 11023 times)
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« on: May 14, 2011, 05:15:03 AM »

...with zombie Lionel, magic memory erasing blood, and no clear shot of the hero in the suit other than a lame chest rip.

The clearest shot of the hero is an image from a comic book shown in the book-end scene with Chloe. Other than that, it's a CGI character with Welling head sometimes superimposed.

10 years in and they stilled ripped the fans off.  Grin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »

I'm not sure I agree, but for opposite reasons.

The series spent a decade trying to establish a young love and soapish take on Superman, and at the end, it forces homages to the Donner Superman style.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:42:12 AM »

It's over now?

Wow, ten seasons and I avoided watching all but two episodes, and those way back in Season 1 and neither all the way through.  This has to rank as my most-ignored version of media Superman ever, and it doesn't sound like I missed much.

What I want to know is what the "Superman Homepage" is going to do for content now that twice-daily "Smallville" posts are no longer an option.

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 04:06:44 PM »

They'll do Man of Steel PR releases
BBally81
Supermen of America

Superfan For All Seasons

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:54:12 AM »

Smallville is at heart, a hit and miss show, not a masterpiece but not a terrible show either, still would rather watch this than Superman Returns quite frankly and Micheal Rosenbaum is a better live action Lex than Kevin Spacey or even Gene Hackman.

Also, I like this scene

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv4ix_krcWw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv4ix_krcWw</a>
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:15:28 AM by BBally81 » Logged

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 09:13:31 PM »

I watched the first two seasons, maybe three (can't remember) and I think you did miss something.

It was young and fresh and energetic, and it was about Superman.

I thought it was really good. When I was watching it, I liked the portrayals of Pa Kent and Lex Luthor in particular. These guys were great! At that time, if I remember rightly, there was still a building sense of tragedy that the Lex-Clark friendship was going wrong, and I was fascinated. Very watchable.

It's a truism that the second season of any show is probably the best, and it's in decline through the third... Anything good after that is a bonus but don't expect much.

Nightwing, one day get out the first two seasons on DVD. Maybe the first three.

It's over now?

Wow, ten seasons and I avoided watching all but two episodes, and those way back in Season 1 and neither all the way through.  This has to rank as my most-ignored version of media Superman ever, and it doesn't sound like I missed much.

What I want to know is what the "Superman Homepage" is going to do for content now that twice-daily "Smallville" posts are no longer an option.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:48 AM »

If by "get out," you mean check them out of the library, maybe so, when I'm done with everything else I want to see.

My wife got into the show in the first couple seasons because she was up late at night with two babies in a row and it came on about 1 AM here.  In truth, part of the reason I never got hooked is doubtless because the show was so inaccessible to me; we don't have cable and had no Warner affiliate, so we were stuck with re-runs on an NBC station in the wee hours.  Considering it looked like a cross between "Dawson's Creek" and "the X-Files" (or more concisely, like a rip-off of "Roswell"), I didn't feel too motivated to make the effort.

This looks like a job for...
BBally81
Supermen of America

Superfan For All Seasons

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 04:31:24 AM »

I watched the first two seasons, maybe three (can't remember) and I think you did miss something.

It was young and fresh and energetic, and it was about Superman.

I thought it was really good. When I was watching it, I liked the portrayals of Pa Kent and Lex Luthor in particular. These guys were great! At that time, if I remember rightly, there was still a building sense of tragedy that the Lex-Clark friendship was going wrong, and I was fascinated. Very watchable.

It's a truism that the second season of any show is probably the best, and it's in decline through the third... Anything good after that is a bonus but don't expect much.

I agree, except I would say the first 4 seasons were really good, season 5 was okay but it was around 6 when things started to go wrong but things started to get back on track at season 9 and season 10 was a satisfying if not so spectacular conclusion. Erica Durance started was a great Lois Lane, Michael Rosenbaum was in my opinion the best live action Lex Luthor.

Although I glad a Superman related show is the longest running superhero show ever, I can't help but think of how much the show could've ended on a much better note if it just ran for 5 or 6 seasons as originally planned before CW network decided to extend it after seeing how popular it was compared to the rest of its programings.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L