superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Revamp  (Read 56109 times)
BBally81
Supermen of America

Superfan For All Seasons

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »

Some news from the DC Retailer Roadshow:

Action Comics and Justice League are set in the past, the Green Lantern, Batman and LSH books are all continuing without a reboot. DCU Presents, Green Arrow and Hawkman are picking up where Brightest Day left off. But for everything else, yes, it will be more of a reboot/restart. They are basically keeping the books going that were financially successful for them and restarting everything else.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/19/more-from-the-dc-retailer-roadshow/

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »

Of course none of that would explain why he looks younger in the present than he did 80 years ago.  But if whatever made him go away scared him bad enough, it could explain why "modern" Supes is covered neck to toe in armor.

OK, I had a thought about this- the new costume isn't really "Armor," it's just that the entire thing is made out of the shards of the rocket that brought the infant Kal-El to Earth.  No one else would be able to move in it, but Superman can because of his Super-Strength.  He just moves and the metal bends.

Better yet, maybe the new costume is made out of lead shielding in order to protect him from all of the Kryptonite meteors that are raining down on Earth.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 02:23:45 AM »

Also, no more cases of Clark getting his shirt ripped open by strangers (or Lois) to reveal the super-suit underneath.  The shards of the rocket are sentient and when not needed as a "battle suit" they form themselves into the shape of Clark's lunch box.

This looks like a job for...
Apex
Superman Fan

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 07:04:32 PM »

Guys, please stop putting for horrible ideas for any DC people who might visit. Isn't this crap bad enough as it is?

carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2011, 01:22:43 AM »

How long will this costume last?? I'd give it a year (unless its a "legal" thing)

Its pretty much terrible.

I'd have prefered his purple green suit with fishbowl helmet . that was a bad ass suit!!!!!
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2011, 01:24:16 PM »

Here's another view that's been making the rounds

Seeing the battle-suit version up against the other costumes like this, I've got to say it looks pretty bad.  I still think that losing the red trunks is an OK move (the idea worked very well in the Ultimate Superman proposal), but the 3D armor, the redesigned S logo, and the go-go boy utility belt -- someone just wasn't thinking.  Keep the outfit skin tight; keep the original boots and the trademarked S logo, lose the belt if you're going to lose the trunks (à la Supreme) -- then it would have been fine.  There is no other possible explanation except for the legal one.  They have to lose the "leotards."  Can't figure out why they're not using the trademarked logo, though.  That's more not thinking.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »

who is the artist on that sneaker??
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »

What a great ad!
I don't totally hate this costume, but neither do I agree with what you say... I think the belt is nessecary. If it was just one shade of blue all the way down, it would look pretty awkward. I don't know if I liked it on Supreme either. It's a little high on this drawing, but I do like that they kept the belt.

Obviously, I agree that Superman's action-suit should be skintight. Armour has no place on a man whose skin is harder than solid steel.
Ultimately, I can live with this design. I only hope The Man of Steel doesn't put Big Blue in a rubber Tim Burton Batman version of this outfit. That would be awful, especially because Superman needs to have a full range of movement- the kind that can only be granted by an invincible Kryptonian fabric surrounded by an armourlike Tactile Telekinetic field. Or alternately, tights.  Tongue  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L