superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GETTING AFFAIRS IN ORDER!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Revamp  (Read 56163 times)
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »

Are they seriosly revamping him!I had no idea.!!!!When are they and are they seriously changing his costume!!!!!!!!!!You should never do that.It is superman.Sob.I was starting to like modern supes.Sob.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 03:33:40 PM »

Yes, it's for real - and here's some cover art and info that DC released today:

Action Comics #1 - by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales; who give Superman's new origin. (looks to me like it could be very Golden Age in approach - ref this picture from the Lowther novel)

This title is either called Superman #1 or Superman: The Man of Tomorrow #1, depending on the news source.  Looks like the belt is red, which, design-wise, I think is an improvement over the yellow shown earlier.  Creative team is George Pérez and Jesus Merino.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:40:30 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 03:42:43 PM »

thanks for the pic. yeah, the costume look's awesome for some temporary character but what about the classic underpants!!!!So what willhappen to er....pre flashpoint ( I guess that's what it'll be called) superman?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:56 PM »

I do like the new Supergirl costume.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/06/10/superman-first-look-action-comics-takes-flight-with-new-man-of-steel/

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 02:16:41 AM »

Huh? That reminds me of an image Harris Ejaz drew for that Supergirl costume redesign contest a couple of years ago. The solicitation seems to read like someone at DC took an interest in it.

Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 04:47:55 AM »

You know, that type of just total arrogance is exactly what I saw when I looked at that new Supergirl costume. Honestly? I hope they use it that way. It'll be new and interesting, especially as a counterpoint to Clark's total human-loving.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Superman's new costume though. If there's one guy in the universe who doesn't need armor, it's Superman.
I kinda prefer the costume on Action Comics. Jeans and an "S" shirt with a cape... Not terrible.
If Morrison goes for Golden Age type stuff, I'll be a very happy fan.

It's possible that they are splitting Superman up into two characters... I kinda hope they both don't suck. It's always a possibility. Dumb legal battles...
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

You know, that type of just total arrogance is exactly what I saw when I looked at that new Supergirl costume. Honestly? I hope they use it that way. It'll be new and interesting, especially as a counterpoint to Clark's total human-loving.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Superman's new costume though. If there's one guy in the universe who doesn't need armor, it's Superman.
I kinda prefer the costume on Action Comics. Jeans and an "S" shirt with a cape... Not terrible.
If Morrison goes for Golden Age type stuff, I'll be a very happy fan.

It's possible that they are splitting Superman up into two characters... I kinda hope they both don't suck. It's always a possibility. Dumb legal battles...

Maybe, but I think the case is that it's the same character from different eras. I have to wonder if they are going to pull something similar to Alan Moore's Supreme revamp with the character debuting in the '30s, leaving, and then returning to the modern era.
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 12:41:39 AM »

I hope not.
I may not like the idea of two separate Supermen, but the same one living for the better part of a century? I'd rather the real Superman stay in one era. There's just something about the idea of Superman being effectively immortal that I just can't stand. A little longer lived, maybe, but not enough that he'd be able to live from the 1910s to the 2010s and still look twenty. And being born in one era and living your life in another strikes me as Captain America's thing, even if Supreme pulled it off, I wouldn't want the Real Steel Deal to try it.

Ha. I guess I'm just unpleasable. Oh well. I'll probably buy them anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L