superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:07:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else thinking the reboot will be their "jumping off" point?  (Read 14254 times)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 01:51:10 AM »

I have to confess there's nothing they could do at this point to bring me back, so I'm not going to lobby for anything, or lament anything. I don't have a vested interest either way.  I wish them luck with whatever it is they've got planned.

Morrison paid his dues back in the days he was forced to write mullet Superman and electric boogaloo Superman in JLA, and this is his chance to write -- indeed redefine -- the character the way he wants. He'd be crazy not to go for it. Love or hate the '86 reboot, people 20+ years on are still calling what we've got now the "Byrne Superman," and let's face it not many creators get a chance to make that big a dent in the character.  This is Morrison's shot.

Or look at it this way.  With "All-Star Superman," Morrison already racked up experience writing a Superman who started off with a #1 and lasted 12 issues.  This will just be a case of history repeating.

This looks like a job for...
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 02:25:26 AM »

I'd rather read Superman written by Morrison
then read Morrison's Superman

if that makes any sense
 Smiley
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 04:37:19 AM »

if that makes any sense
 Smiley

It does.

India Ink
Apex
Superman Fan

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 05:51:36 AM »

if that makes any sense
 Smiley

Makes PERFECT sense and I agree 100%.

I've decided I'm going to only pick up Action, Superman, and Frankenstein from the new titles. I'm going to give the new \S/ titles a few months and go from there.

My expectations are higher for the Frankenstein, Agend of S.H.A.D.E book. What a shame to say that.

Is it so hard to make Superman, the first and best, the top title? The biggest seller and the must-read comic?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L