superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:09:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Alternate Superman Costumes  (Read 18120 times)
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »

I never have any problem with my suspension.

As far as being artists--I have always thought both Clark and Bruce were artist type people. I give them that, I guess, because I think they are like me.

Anyway, Ma Kent made the costume, so she would be the artist--or maybe she designed it from Kryptonian models.

Comics are a colourful medium, so whatever allows them to show exciting and satisfying images works for me. I guess it becomes more problematic when they have to create real costumes for real people to wear in movies--it becomes hard to translate what is fine for a comic book into what works on the big screen. However, I don't think that means they should do the opposite--and start adapting costumes from movies for the comics. People are intelligent and understand the difference between comics and movies--so I don't know why they are so hell bent to put movie reality into the comics.

India Ink
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

I always liked this one:

India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »

I wonder how people would feel about short capes. Short capes were all the rage in the 50s and 60s, but then in the 70s, people like Neal Adams popularized the long cape.

Ever since, it's been standard practice to draw long flowing capes. But then fans say these capes are impractical and they need to be gotten rid. But a short cape would probably work.

India Ink
Shazam!
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »

I like this last outfit too but he needs better boots.  I mean I should talk though,   I think I'm inclined to go more with something that laces up.  These boots that flare over the sides these days can get snagged on something.

The Real Captain Marvel!
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »

I liked the following two:

1. The all white one from Justice Lords episode of JL cartoon
2. The all black / no cape version from Batman Beyond.

MK
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 03:56:11 AM »

I wonder how people would feel about short capes. Short capes were all the rage in the 50s and 60s, but then in the 70s, people like Neal Adams popularized the long cape.

Ever since, it's been standard practice to draw long flowing capes. But then fans say these capes are impractical and they need to be gotten rid. But a short cape would probably work.
I personally hate short capes on Batman, since he uses them to misdirect criminals as to where parts of his body is, making them shoot at the wrong places, and because they can't effectively double as gliders.

Superman though, should have a cape that goes to at least his waist and no higher than the top of his boots, and preferably only goes to his thighs.

At least, in my opinion. It looks good without being too regal for such a hero of the people.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L