superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another peek at the new costume  (Read 15151 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: July 14, 2011, 03:13:47 AM »

Every time I see a new picture of it, it's got a different belt.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:08:48 PM »

the costume would almost work if they got rid of the high collar (!?!) and put some red trunks on him to break up all the blue

and probably try not to make it look like its metal. that would help.

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

Guess they can't figure out the belt, either.  Since it serves no practical purpose (there's no pants to hold up, and he doesn't carry weapons), they might as well just lose it.

I have to say I do like the face on this one, anyway.  At least he doesn't look like Justin Bieber's ugly brother.

This is the first time I noticed how lackluster Diana's outfit is.  She seems to have gotten the worst of this whole deal.  I notice that in case anyone failed to notice how much like a teddy her outfit's getting to be, they've added a sexy choker to boot.  I haven't seen a rear view yet, but I'm betting there's a bunny tail.

This looks like a job for...
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 05:56:31 AM »

I don't have too much of a problem with Superman's new costume.
I liked the old one better, but you know, it's not awful. I don't mind the collar. The amazing changing super-belt is a little irritating, but oh well.

Other people's outfits are bugging me more.

Wonder Woman's increasingly absurd shirt and choker, Flash's shoulder pads, and especially Cyborg. Does he have like a robo-hood on the back of his chest or something? Why? I don't like Cyborg's outfit much at all.
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »

Since less than half of the heroes in the shot are able to fly (so far as we know) what are the others standing on that allows them to pose in that diagonal position?

India Ink
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 12:22:02 PM »

ya Supes costume isn't terrible (obviously the older one is just better , jim lee isn't a designer)
I dislike the armor-look of the suit but I figure they'd drop those excessive lines at some point

I don't like "young" superman though. When supes was middleaged little kids would read him, now that readers are middleaged we need a young superman???

ALSO ...Wonder Woman wears MORE clothes NOW then she did in the 40s!?!?!?! by this point she should be running around nude!!! (not that I want that mind you)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 12:58:32 PM »

Since less than half of the heroes in the shot are able to fly (so far as we know) what are the others standing on that allows them to pose in that diagonal position?

The picture was accidentally posted upside-down.  They're all diving into the crapper.

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »

And another one.  I found this picture at the "DC Comics Relaunch Support Group" on Facebook and rotated it to give a better view of the outfits.  This is the cover to Justice League #2:

What happens when the World’s Greatest Detective takes on the world’s most powerful alien? You’ll find out when Batman and Superman throw down. Batman will need all his intellect, cunning and physical prowess to take on The Man of Steel.

Looks like that indestructible cape that Grant Morrison mentioned didn't last long.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:51:27 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L