superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonK-Metal Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another peek at the new costume  (Read 15159 times)
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 12:00:01 AM »

gawdawfl

India Ink
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »

Sounds to me like DC keeps changing their mind a lot on these changes. 

carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »

I under stand that they REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get rid of Superman's red trunks but why make the costume look like metal?

The costume wouldn't be terrible if it looked like a superhero costume and not "skin tight armor"
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »

The NY Post has a new peek at Superman in Action Comics #1 by Grant Morrison & Rags Morales...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/bird_plane_superdude_jlvtSBaBiVw7cCUANvajFL
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 01:07:41 PM »

Okay, so where are the shooters?  Floating above the highway like Superman?  I don't get it.

This is a nicely rendered illo, but I  have to say the cape looks pretty silly when paired with a t-shirt and jeans.  It makes him look like an 8-year-old running around the house in a towel.

On the other hand, if I decide to do a Halloween costume this year, it'll be the easiest I've ever assembled.

This looks like a job for...
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 04:43:18 PM »

Well, it's also been confirmed that the costume in Superman is in fact ceremonial Kryptonian armor. I'm gonna laugh if it's the armor that allows him to fly along with the other abilities.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 03:32:49 PM »

Here's some early concept art for Superman's new costume, from the recent Justice League #1:

I don't know why DC insists on referring to Superman's trunks as "underwear."

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 09:16:17 PM »

That is odd that DC would undermine its own character. Just because people call it "underwear" that's no reason they need to adopt their jargon. It's not underwear for one important reason--it's on the outside, so by definition it must be outerwear.

Next thing you know they'll be referring to tabloid editions as Treasury Editions, Archives as Masterworks, and Showcases as Essentials.

On another note--I'm not bothering with any of the new titles. They don't interest me and I have nothing to say about them. I hope we can still talk about the old classic Superman on this board.

India Ink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L