superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Lantern: The Animated Series  (Read 3998 times)
BMK!
Superman Family

« on: July 16, 2011, 06:36:59 PM »

Coming to Cartoon Network...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud9ZPVQ9bgs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud9ZPVQ9bgs</a>
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »

:oI'm not a great fan of green lantern bu I think that looks like it's gonna do good, especially with the gl's film being so popular!Hey, how about a greenlantern.nu?
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »

In hindsight I'm a genius--so in hindsight it occurs to me that WB didn't do enough spade work with Green Lantern.

Launching this cartoon show a year ago, would have been one way to accomplish that.

I had thought that the general public would get Green Lantern instantly. But the underwhelming returns on the movie show that the average move goer just couldn't get swept up in the movie. Now, some of that is the fault of the movie itself--but I thought it was a pretty good comic book movie over all and not the complete failure some have made it out to be--but I think if people had come into the movie already prepped to enjoy this movie, they would have overlooked some of the flaws (which every comic book movie has--The Dark Knight being no exception) and they would have been ready to go on the ride.

WB kind of put the cart before the horse, by releasing Green Lantern as a movie first. They should have put out this cartoon series, the interactive game, GL merchandise well ahead of the movie, to build enough of an audience for the movie. And then I think it would have worked better for the general public.

As it is, I'm really glad GL is getting his own animated series. While there have been a few disappointments, in general the WB animated works have been great. I actually like them better than most of the current comic books.

India Ink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L