superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 07:54:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New details on the relaunched Superman  (Read 29554 times)
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »

If superman wears his kryptonian armour in superman #1, how come he's still wearing jeans?Every other heroe get's a new costume and he's in jeans?

The first few issues of Grant Morrison's Action Comics, where Superman wears the jeans, is set a little over 5 years in the past. This is when Superman is only beginning to put together his "costume", which will come about later on, as evidenced in the first Justice League arc (set a few months later) and in the pages of the Superman title (set in the present day).
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 04:32:02 AM »

Jim Lee's variant cover for ACTION COMICS #1...

carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »

I like Jim Lee's Art but I never cared for his Superman.

The cover isn't bad plus its nice to see some of those evil robots are back from the old cartoon series.
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »

Superman in JUSTICE LEAGUE #1...

Page from ACTION COMICS #1... http://www.fastcompany.com/1775787/dc-comics-grant-morrison-action-comics-superman

"I felt the weight of history with this one," says Morrison in his soft-spoken Glaswegian lilt. "I wanted to do something that was as much a part of these times as when (Action Comics) first came out. Superman has always been the champion of the oppressed. I wanted to move away from the standard superhero tales and in the direction of folk tales in the vein of a Paul Bunyan."

In the revised version, featuring art by Rags Morales (penciling), Rick Bryant (inking), Brad Anderson (color) and Patrick Brosseau (lettering), Morrison pares down the convoluted narrative that began overshadowing the Superman myth. "It had become a pro-wrestling contest between characters-- who was stronger, faster, bigger," he says. "I wanted to evoke a more universal human Superman, who was less of a costumed figure representing patriotic authority, and more about struggles on the street."

The exclusive page 18 panel shown above is the first major shot of the Man of Steel transitioning to alter ego Clark Kent--sans his trademark horn-rimmed glasses--after thwarting trouble in Metropolis. Superman's fighting crime, of course, but the authorities are suspicious of his powers. He's misunderstood. He's different.
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »

I don't think making superman more human is a good idea. Getting  rid of everything that makes superman the greatest superhero ever doesn't help.A young, brooding, unsure superman isn't 'super'! He sounds more like the average human.

He needs to be more than 'man'.
He needs to be super man.

* images.jpg (10.09 KB, 259x194 - viewed 722 times.)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 12:20:34 AM »

Judging from the Superman in the relaunched Justice League #1, I expect more Superdickery.
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2011, 04:32:50 AM »

Morrison Writes a Social Justice Superman in ACTION COMICS

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/grant-morrison-action-comics-110902.html

Exclusive DC "New 52" Preview: ACTION COMICS #1

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=44117
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2011, 06:32:02 AM »

Morrison Writes a Social Justice Superman in ACTION COMICS

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/grant-morrison-action-comics-110902.html

Exclusive DC "New 52" Preview: ACTION COMICS #1

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=44117

The more Morrison gabs on about cynicism and realism, the more I realize just how out of touch the actual writers are with everyday people.

But, hey, worse that happens is that it ends up a critical success and commercial failure like the revamped Galactica that was dark, cynical, and real...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L