superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:39:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the "new" costume for Superman be invulnerable to harm like the old one?  (Read 5577 times)
GSJ60
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: July 22, 2011, 03:24:29 AM »

I for one, would care to know if this new Superman 's costume will be as tough as his old one used to be?
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 03:59:08 AM »

I bet it is.
his old one was invincible because it was constructed from
A) an unknown chemical treated material he made himself
B) Kryptonian fabrics, as invincible as Superman
C) ordinary Earth cloth, protected only by Superman's bio-electric aura, which recedes from his cape when he's taking severe damage, allowing for his cape to rip.

His new costumes are
A) ordinary t-shirt, jeans and cape protected by his aura again, and
B) not just clothe from Krypton, but actually ARMOR from Krypton. If Kryptonian cloth is invulnerable, Kryptonian armor is definitely invulnerable. Then again, we may have a "strong flesh weak steel" thing on our hands here. I bet that no matter how durable his armor is, it's less invincible than Superman.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »

I think it was Rao who suggested in an earlier thread that the armor might be made from baby Kal-El's shattered rocket.  I'm betting he's right, and if so yes it would be as invulnerable as he is.

Also really, really hard to keep hidden when he's Clark Kent.

This looks like a job for...
countryboylife
Superman's Pal

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »

I think it was Rao who suggested in an earlier thread that the armor might be made from baby Kal-El's shattered rocket.  I'm betting he's right, and if so yes it would be as invulnerable as he is.

Also really, really hard to keep hidden when he's Clark Kent.

Well a always wondered how his leather shoes compressed along with his suit - wrinkle free - into a 'pocket' in his cape.

It maybe "insert Clarke's third law magic explanation" will lampshade the problem. I mean if Burton can sell a Batmobile with magic unfolding armour in his Batman Movie, then surely a civilisation "millions of years more evolved" can come up with something.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:33:14 PM »

I still say the armor's going to fold into a lunchbox Clark carries everywhere with him.  And just to divert suspicion, it should be a Wolverine lunchbox.

This looks like a job for...
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:22 PM »

It could be a kryptonian style battle suit to keep in solar radiation and hey,...it might even keep out kryptonite radiation!
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 03:43:01 AM »

It doesn't matter if it keeps out Kryptonite radiation. HIS HEAD is still totally exposed. He used to have a lead-titanium alloy suit that he wore to keep Kryptonite out, and it covered his face. If the suit was really for protection, he'd cover his face. I don't care how badly he wants to be trusted and accepted, if the armor actually served a defensive purpose, it would cover his head.

My best guess is that his suit is invulnerable, but less so than him, and purely ceremonial. It is Kryptonian in design after all. It's like a Scotsman with a kilt: it may offer a little defense, but it's a lot more about heritage than protection.  Grin
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:53:09 AM »

Embarrassedperhaps, if Dc is gonna make superman alot weaker as they usualy do, he needs the suit! Or it helps him because it's more indestructible than him.( shudder )
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L