superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:02:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “MAN OF STEEL” REVEALED - First Look at Star Henry Cavill as Superman  (Read 22920 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: August 04, 2011, 04:07:54 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“MAN OF STEEL” REVEALED

Much-anticipated First Look at Star Henry Cavill as Superman

BURBANK, CA, August 4, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have provided the first look at the new “Man of Steel,” revealing star Henry Cavill as Superman in the film from director Zack Snyder.

The film also stars three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Fighter”) as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”) as her editor-in-chief, Perry White.  Starring as Clark Kent’s adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”) and Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves”).

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road”), and Faora, Zod’s evil partner, played by Antje Traue.  Also from Superman’s native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s mother, played by Julia Ormond, and Superman’s father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).

Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

“Man of Steel” is being produced by Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder.  The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer, from a story by Goyer and Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Comics.  Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

(Superman Through the Ages! is now receiving Man of Steel press releases, which will be posted in this forum.  Apologies for being a few minutes late with this first one!)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:15:25 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »

BMK already started a thread on this, but I'll repeat here that I like the image, overall, especially the "S."  On second look, though, that cape could be about a yard shorter and I'd be happier.

Good to see you're on the list with Warner's press team.   Smiley

This looks like a job for...
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »

They seem to be following the theory of l'alternance de la boucle saliva (spit curl alternance): Kirk Alyn--spit curl; George Reeves--no spit curl; Christopher Reeve--spit curl; Dean Cain--no spit curl; Brandon Routh--spit curl; Henry Cavill--no spit curl.

India Ink
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »

They seem to be following the theory of l'alternance de la boucle saliva (spit curl alternance): Kirk Alyn--spit curl; George Reeves--no spit curl; Christopher Reeve--spit curl; Dean Cain--no spit curl; Brandon Routh--spit curl; Henry Cavill--no spit curl.

He appears to have the spit-curl when walking around the set in-between takes...

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:46:33 PM by BMK! » Logged
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 08:57:54 PM »

He appears to have the spit-curl when walking around the set in-between takes...

Which would fit with how they did it with Dean Cain - backwards.  Clark had the curl and Superman didn't.

I do find it interesting that both the DCNU Superman and the new movie Superman have no red trunks.  There must have been some communication going on here with DC and WB.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 12:57:53 AM »

No trunks for Batman, either.  Guess it's true what they say: Marvel's movie heroes beat the pants off all the DC guys.

This looks like a job for...
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:50:13 AM »

Dang it. I was hoping for any villain but Zod.
I hope they at least call him "Dru-Zod" instead of just "Zod". It violates basic Kryptonian naming conventions!
-geeking out over trivial details-
Okay, so the truth is just that I was really hoping for Brainiac.

Not having too much trouble with the lack of trunks. I love them, but I really like consistency. Maybe this will keep them from just changing the costume back in six months and looking like fools at DC like they did with Wonder Woman's pants.

Hope his Clark is decent. Things like Superman/Clark differentiation can make or break a Superman movie.
It was the best part of the Reeve films.
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »

Also from Superman’s native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s mother, played by Julia Ormond, and Superman’s father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).

I hope this isn't going to be another Superman origin film ... 

I don't like to criticise a movie this early, but enough already of the origin.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L