superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:56:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Retroactive the 70's  (Read 4156 times)
e1supermanfan
Superman Fan

« on: August 20, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »

Just got done reading this a few day's ago and was wanting to know if anyone else liked it as much as me I thought it was very good, a classic silver age style story and the back-up story Action 484 the wedding of Earth-two superman and Lois Lane one of the first comics I ever read I started in 77 when I was nine.
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:08:03 AM »

I really liked the new story by Pasko. I was a big fan of his run, so having this story felt really good. It covertly references many of the elements of his run and feels like it could have taken place just a few months after Superman 335. I didn't care much for the art--I thought the inking was pretty bad.

I'm happy for you that the reprint was to your liking, but I was let down. I've been anticipating this issue, hoping that one of Pasko's classic stories would be reprinted. Instead we got a Bates story about a completely different Superman. I loved the Mr. and Mrs. Superman series, but I thought the art on this one was inferior--and maybe this was due to bad printing, but you'd think that the reprint would have better quality.

As much as I liked Pasko's new story, I confess that I was hoping he would finally resolve some of the hanging plot elements of the Amalak story. There's a lost story there that has yet to be told.

India Ink
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:34:10 PM »

I enjoyed the story too. Nice to see some of those old baddies.
The story could have easily have taken place post-crisis too. Makes ya think "why the reboot"? but then again i think that all the time anyways
Kal Kent 853
Superman Fan

up, up and away

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 02:46:17 PM »

what I like about superman comics in the 1970's the best, is that superman started getting to know other heroes in the comics and team ups were common.In the early 60's, aside from superman batman comics, he was preactically in another universe to the flash, wonder woman etc.

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 01:15:54 PM »

I wish JLG-L had done the pencils, and that Mxy's special gift to Superman wasn't called telekinesis.  Other than that, I was entertained, which is far more than I can say about most DC product these days.  I confess I didn't actually buy this, because these "DC Retroactives seem like the sort of thing that will be compiled into a trade paperback at some point. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L