superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:58:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the boy scout myth  (Read 35024 times)
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 12:49:15 PM »

Though Clark comes off a bit more nebbish than Hank.

Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »

"Hi!  I'm Clark Kent, and I sell newspaper stories and newspaper story ACCESSORIES."  Wink

Shazam!
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 01:31:23 PM »

I thought I was the Boy Scout?  At least I'm old enough to still be in it.  Smiley

The Real Captain Marvel!
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 11:46:59 PM »

Actually Batman is (more so post-coie) depicted as a boy scout.  All the talk of how given prep time he (according to some) could defeat anyone or anything.  Where too often Superman (more often post-coie) is depicted as almost never being prepared.  Just blundering into things.  And thinking with his fists.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 03:41:39 AM »

Actually Batman is (more so post-coie) depicted as a boy scout.  All the talk of how given prep time he (according to some) could defeat anyone or anything.  Where too often Superman (more often post-coie) is depicted as almost never being prepared.  Just blundering into things.  And thinking with his fists.

That's IF Superman's allowed to think at ALL.  Sad

Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 04:01:08 AM »

I always wondered why everyone would think of Superman as a "farm boy", like he was some kind of hick or something?  Heck, Ward Cleaver was born and raised on a farm according to the show, but he never acted "Aw, shucks!" or was TREATED in such a manner.

What makes it so much better to do so to OUR hero?

llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 03:56:35 AM »

I always wondered why everyone would think of Superman as a "farm boy", like he was some kind of hick or something?  Heck, Ward Cleaver was born and raised on a farm according to the show, but he never acted "Aw, shucks!" or was TREATED in such a manner.

What makes it so much better to do so to OUR hero?

Then there is Philo Taylor Farnsworth, the inventor of television.  He was born & raised on a farm without electricity.  And he is considered by many to have been one of the most brilliant scientist/inventors ever.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 03:31:43 AM »

Heck, my old man was raised on a farm and he never acts so corn-fed (though he is kind of a goofball).

John Byrne's xenophobic view of Superman wasn't the worst thing that could have happened, it was just too hard to get away from, and vastly inferior to most of the pre-crisis comics, though even those were becoming too conservative for my taste..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L