superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonTomorrow's Lesson!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did Superman know about human history?  (Read 1991 times)
India Ink
Superman Squad

« on: September 09, 2011, 04:57:50 AM »

Today in the news they are talking about this latest link between human and ape that has been examined by paleontologists (Australopithecus sediba) and it started me thinking about how much Superman would have known about the evolution of humanity (at least on his Earth--which obviously wasn't exactly the same as our reality).

I was really impressed by one early issue of Action Comics that I read as a little boy. I remember seeing the cover in the store and just needing to get this issue. It was Action Comics 350, with this cover--

In the story as shown on the cover, Perry and Superman discover this "Stone Age Superman" and of course the Man of Tomorrow goes off into the past to 700,000 BC, to solve the mystery. Now apparently our sun was red in the past, so Superman loses his powers and he's stuck in stone age times.

So the red sun factor must have limited Superman's trips into our distant past. But still he went back into the past rather often. And Titano the Super-Ape was living in the prehistoric past--which invites questions about what DNA Titano was spreading around in the distant past--did he father a race of super-apes?

As I recall, Titano was living much further back in time, because I remember he was hanging around with dinosaurs (who were about the same size as him). Yet there are also dinosaurs in 700,000 BC according to Action Comics 350, which by some freak of evolution have managed to survive the extinction of the dinosaurs long ago. Which again suggests that the distant past on Superman's Earth was unlike our own. But that itself might have been due to all the times that Superman or some alien civilization interfered with the natural development of the Earth.

India Ink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L