superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:44:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran bans Simpsons dolls but ok with Superman  (Read 3512 times)
BBally81
Supermen of America

Superfan For All Seasons

« on: February 09, 2012, 02:26:52 AM »

Apparently this undermines David Goyer's premise from ACTION 900 of Superman being seen as a tool of the US Government, and needing to renounce his citizenship.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/iran-bans-simpsons-dolls-ok-superman-spiderman-063610331.html

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 03:46:17 AM »

Well, as much as I'm unhappy with the country cutting off outside sources, they've certainly got decent reasons for allowing Superman and Spider-Man to stay.

"Champions of the Oppressed" indeed.

Apparently, Superman's modus operandi is so awesome that it overcomes his status as an American icon. I think most people knew that already tho.

I suppose that does kind of undermine Goyer's story, in the sense that it shows Superman isn't anyone's tool, and certainly not the U.S. government's.

A bit ironic that the oppressors support those who champion the oppressed though.
Shazam!
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »

Homer Simpson does not personify any good qualites. he is a lazy buffoon that sadly represents a lot of America. Even more Sadly, most of America identifies with Homer Simpson. Heroes get to where we are because we are people who can do something. We will do something, but certainly not sit around the house in our tighty-whiteys drinking beer and and eating donuuts all day.  (I'm saying tighty -whiteys because many peopel compare our costumes to being underwear we wear on the outside.  Like we should just go with spandex right?) We just don't exemplify that.  As far as the Iranians go, the people are nice people but their politics stink.  I got to meet some and got to hear a forbidden song in Farsi.  It was contemporary and upbeat, but for some reason I picked up a vibe from it that it was just "tired"  Those guys want so much more but their politicians keep getting in the way.  The Ayatollah and the Prime Minister are holding them back.

The Real Captain Marvel!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L