superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:15:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New DC Website  (Read 4757 times)
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« on: March 20, 2012, 06:16:52 AM »

Anyone else upset the whole forum section is gone? Not only do you need to log into Facebook to post anything, you can't even post your own topics. I have so many questions about upcoming events like the new Earth 2 and no where to go to ask them. I assume I'm not the only one who doesn't like this.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »

I agree, I dislike the trend of everyone offloading all their community services to Facebook. FB has a number of privacy and tracking issues, which is why I've dropped my support and use of it.  I also don't like that everyone is now being pushed into it.

As far as where to ask questions - although people are certainly welcome to use this forum, I suspect that the forum over at cbr.cc gets many more visitors and I know that professionals post there as well.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:00:34 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:17:37 AM »

I hang out at the CBR forums as well.
The total loss of DC's independent forums strike me as, to use very precise language, really dumb.

I wish they'd kept 'em.
I do most of my posting over at CBR, and I come here too (though it seems a little dead) but I did like the DC forums for the occasion I would go there. Oh well.
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 11:11:34 AM »

I havent checked DC's website in months but I went there yesterday and figured I was just an idiot who couldn't figure out where the message boards were.

i guess they deleted them...that makes no sense to me.
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »

Really stupid move... just like all the moves DC has made lately.  At least we have boards like this one so hopefully STTA forums will get used a bit more.  I don't post much here anymore since it seems no one else does.
Shazam!
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 12:48:45 PM »

I thought this site went away and then I got an email saying it was still here after all this time, so I logged back in.  I missed it.

The Real Captain Marvel!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L