superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonFREE WEB E-MAIL!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:57:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else having trouble reading the comics in the Fortress?  (Read 8990 times)
Nykor
Supermen of America

« on: May 06, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »

I click on the page-turning arrow, or the page numbers, and nothing happens--I just get the same splash or the same cover.
Thanks.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »

Works for me - can you give a specific story that you're having problems with?  Also, what browser and operating system are you using?

Thanks.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Nykor
Supermen of America

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:40:30 PM »

My OS is Windows Vista and my browser is Internet Explorer 9.

I can read the stories in "Nightwing's Confessions" (like "Superman's Race with the Flash", "Return of the Composite Superman" and "Panic in the Sky"), but I can't read any of the posted ones in any part of any decade in "Superman Through the Ages"; ones I'm trying to read, chosen essentially at random, are "Superman Comes to Earth" (1930's), "Superman and the Dam" (1930's), "The Super-Family of Steel" (1960's, part 1), "How Luthor Met Superman" (1960's, Part 1), "Jor-El's Golden Folly" (1970's, part 1), "Too Big for Smallville" (80's, Part 1), "Another Typical Day" (90's, part 2). For "Fathers: The Real Truth about Krypton" (2000's), I can access the "About this story" link, but can't access any page but the first one (which is the cover).
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »

Good catch, Nykor - thanks.

It turns out this problem was the result of a recent PHP upgrade on the server.  Things should work now, but there could be unforeseen side effects as a result of the fix; so please let me know if any more problems or errors pop up.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:21:02 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Nykor
Supermen of America

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 03:55:21 PM »

Hey, it works! Thanks, Great Rao!
Nykor
Supermen of America

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »

Eeps! Actually, I'm having no trouble reading the stories now, but sometimes the masthead bears a message saying:

Warning: date()[function date] It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT'/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/rao/www/phpsrc/header-gold-3.php on line 790
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »

Thanks, I believe that should be set now.  I appreciate your help on this.

Nykor
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 05:48:02 PM »

No prob.

"You know I'm not much of a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L