superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonComing MIRACLE MONDAY 2017!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:01:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Book - Matt Idelson rules out Lois & Clark romance during his tenure.  (Read 5063 times)
countryboylife
Superman's Pal

« on: May 19, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »

Superman Comicdom is in tumult.

Matt Idelson, Editor of Superman has a feature over at the Superman Homepage -  Ask Matt, where fans ask Matt questions.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/inter-action/inter-action.php?topic=ask-editor/ask-matt

So the short of it is this Will Jones asked…

“After reading the latest interview with Keith Giffen and Dan Jurgens, whose plans honestly gave me a sense of ‘been there, done that’, along with the disturbing implication that Lois and Clark are inevitable, which to me is another word for lazy and unimaginitive”

Now I’ve got to say I’m with Will on this one. For me retreading a story line that was done in the 1990’s until last year, wouldn’t feel fresh. YMMV

And Matt answered… “Matt: Hey, Will! Despite what you took away from that interview, Clark and Lois are NOT inevitable, and in fact it isn’t going to happen, at least while I’m on watch duty”
DakotaSmith
Supermen of America

The Jackelope of Truth

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:16:41 AM »

Only one reaction possible, for me:

What a dumb-ass.

The inmates are running the asylum.  Where's Julie when you need him most?

Dakota Smith

The Zero Aggression Principle:  "No human being has the right — under any circumstances — to initiate force against another human being, nor to threaten or delegate its initiation."
Adekis
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:29:43 PM »

Mr. Schwartz did come up with some pretty good stuff, didn't he?  Grin

I like the idea of Lois and Clark getting together, and my liking of the TV show by the same name certainly informed that taste, however...

Superman has the best list of ex-girlfriends and love interests ever.

A mermaid, a Superwoman from space, an emotion actress from Krypton twenty years his senior, a descendent of Luthor from the 31st century, an alien empress, a few princesses on Earth, a farm girl he can't remember at least one female assassin, and the greatest journalist ever. And whatever Lana is this week.

And there's no reason not to add to the list of exes either.

Basically, though I like the idea of Lois and Clark getting together eventually, there are far more stories to be told in a world where he's not tied down.

Especially since the powers that be are publishing "Smallville" stories where Clark and Lois are married anyway! So let the man of steel cut loose and date a bit, will you? There's more fish in the sea than Lois Lane!

... okay, so I think what I'm saying is I agree with Matt. Good idea not to marry  Lois and Clark.
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »

They should bring back Jenette (sp?) Klyburn, the head of STAR Labs.  I remember when the writers WANTED to break up Superman and Lois back in the '70's and have Superman and Klyburn date for awhile.  Smiley

countryboylife
Superman's Pal

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »

Well I guess we know what the plan is - Superman and Wonder Woman

Bleeding Cool has speculated they are dusting off ideas from "Twilight of the Superheroes"

Not sure about that.

To me it reminds of Mr & Mrs Superman getting promoted from Earth 2 to Canon.

Here we've got Earth 22 ie Kingdom Come to Canon.

Sales seem to tell their own story, but it's early days!

I've always seen Kingdom Come as to Superman = Dark Knight Returns as to Batman
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L