superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:34:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOOO!  (Read 10441 times)
unclesporkums
Superman Fan

« on: April 26, 2015, 08:39:30 PM »

The domain has expired! I was ready to make the alterations to the missing pages!!

EDIT: Never mind. Found the new link. http://superman.nu/k-metal/?page=-1&w=1600
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:55:48 PM by unclesporkums » Logged

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. All they require is the light to show them the way." - Jor-El (Superman:The Movie)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 02:39:37 AM »

Yeah, they wanted somewhere in the ballpark of $40 per year to renew k-metal.cc.  I've let k-metal.cc, fortress.am (somewhere around $99 per year), and theages.ac ($75 per year) all recently expire.  That would have been $214 !!  Some of these two character country-code Top Level Domains are absurdly priced. .am used to be affordable, but the annual fee has been steadily increasing for domain holders located outside Armenia.

At this point I've got about a dozen or more domain names for various sub-sections of the site; in the interest of economic expediency I am going to let them all expire and consolidate everything under one lone .com (recognized and affordable, at under $10 per year) domain name.  That'll also make it easier for search engines to find everything on Superman Through the Ages! if it's all under one domain name.

I'm currently updating all the internal links in the site so that it'll work; then I'll update the graphics (URLs on banners, etc) to match the actual site domain name; then maybe track down and repair all the links in the forum.

I was going to announce all this in the Technical Queries section of the forum, but your post made for an early explanation.

New official URL will be:  http://superman.nu

(I know it's a lot to type, but who actually types URLs anymore these days?)

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
unclesporkums
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 04:02:42 AM »

Okay, thanks for telling me, GR.

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. All they require is the light to show them the way." - Jor-El (Superman:The Movie)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:03:27 AM »

You're welcome!

So the full-on "official" URL for K-Metal is:

http://superman.nu/k-metal-from-krypton/

But the shortcut URL: http://superman.nu/k-metal/ still works for the time being - it'll be a little while until that one expires.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:59:10 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 01:56:39 AM »

Oops!

I accidentally let the domain name "superman-through-the-ages.com" expire.

fortress.net.nu is paid up for most of the rest of this century , so that's your safest bet.  The rest of the site is migrating to that domain in bits and pieces.

http://theages.superman.nu/k-metal/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L