superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:33:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K-Metal Page 21 Sneak Peak  (Read 13465 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: May 24, 2017, 03:59:32 PM »

In 2014, Julian DiLorenzo commissioned finished artwork for pages 21 and 23 of "The K-Metal from Krypton" from artist Costin Stefan.

Time passed.

Then last month, with the impetus of the pending "Miracle Monday" re-release, I repaired my long-dead Windows XP box; meaning that I regained access to my ancient copy of Adobe Photoshop, the K-Metal font, and all of the original K-Metal artwork. (The K-Metal project started in 2004 and it has lived on the same computer since that time.)

So I dove into the time machine and started lettering page 21.

Here's a sneak peak from the page.  Final appearance may vary.

I am waiting to hear back from the artist regarding some needed corrections to the page, so although the story isn't quite complete yet; we are much nearer that completion!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:57:08 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:06:28 AM »

I've got a  version of page 21 lettered and online.  Many thanks to Julian and Costin.

Still doing some minor adjustments to this page and a few others; then off to finish up page 23.

With luck, the entire K-Metal story will be complete before the year is out.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:56:13 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L