superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Random Thought Or Three...  (Read 4211 times)
Gernot1962
Superman Fan

« on: August 25, 2017, 04:12:09 AM »

I was just thinking of Superman and Superboy, and a thought popped into my head.

Why did it take so long for Jerry and Joe (or ANYBODY, for that matter) to come up with the idea of Superboy?  After all, at the time Superman was created, kid sidekicks were quite prevalent in the serials, as well as the Our Gang theatrical shorts.  You'd think SOMEBODY back then would have had the idea of a youngster having the powers of Superman would have kicked in much earlier than it did!

Ah, well...  Those are just some of my own musings I had.  Thoughts?  Smiley
Nykor
Supermen of America

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »

According to the GCD, Superboy initially appeared as a separate character in the Jan '45 issue of More Fun Comics; when Superman's 2-page origin was published in Superman #1 (Summer, 1939), there was no mention of any career as Superboy--perhaps Whitney Ellsworth (de jure editor) and/or Jack Schiff (de facto editor) waited until the perceived audience for that issue "aged out" before giving Supes' origin a retro-fit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L