superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:14:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neal Adams 1941-2022  (Read 6358 times)
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« on: May 01, 2022, 02:25:23 AM »

As you may have heard, the legendary Neal Adams has passed. Due to complications from sepsis. Most well known, of course, for his work on Batman, Green Lantern and Green Arrow, and Superman vs. Muhammad Ali. He was 80. You will be missed, sir!  Cry
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 05:09:19 PM »

Indeed a great loss for comics fandom, especially those of a certain age.  Many of the first Superman images to sear themselves into my young brain were created by Adams: Superman flying left to right with his left arm extended on the cover to Superman #252...a figure later added over the book's title for many months, and featured on one of the first jigsaw puzzles I ever assembled.  Superman running with his arm extended in a "punch" on merchandise from school supplies to bed sheets to t-shirts.  Superman breaking those Green-K chains on the over of issue #233.  That little Superman head that showed up on the JLA "roll call" on many covers.  Adams will always be remembered for his Batman, but his Superman was every bit as awesome.

Anyone still reading these boards (you MUST be out there...) will probably remember my tribute on my "Confessions of A Superman Fan" page (http://davidmorefield.com/superman/artists/sm-nealadams.htm).  I also added a farewell tribute on my personal blog, if anyone's interested: http://davidmorefield.com/rip-neal-adams/

RIP Neal

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 09:26:41 PM »

Nightwing, are you still on Facebook?

Since Facebook recently deleted the Superman Through the Ages! Facebook page, I guess I'll be posting stuff here instead.

Nice to see there are others.

And many thanks for posting the link to your blog.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 12:08:26 AM »

I bailed on Facebook about 9 years ago, and I've never regretted it.  But I guess that's where STTA was all this time. LOL

I'm willing to try and resurrect the message board as time allows.  I'm very much a semi-Luddite.  For me, the internet peaked in the mid-90s and I'm still pretending "social media" never happened.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L