superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone DVD-ing these?  (Read 4062 times)
Wogew
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: August 18, 2003, 12:10:30 AM »

Hiya all!
I'm from Norway, born in 1962. Here in Norway, the George Reeves TV-series of Superman was never shown. They showed "I Love Lucy" in the sixties/early seventies as I recall, but never Superman. I grew up on Superman comics though, and it was in a Superman comic book that I first encountered some photos from the TV-series. They were printed as a teaser for the upcoming Superman movie (the first Chris Reeve one), and I was amazed to find that there had been earlier real action adventures starring the big "S". I was aware of the cartoon series earlier on, I think. Anyway, since these TV-shows were never shown originally, there hasn't been any nostalgiatrips or reruns on any TV channels here in Europe, I think. However, during a trip to London in the early 90's I was able to pick up a video cassette of "Superman and the Mole Men". I recently recorded this film over to DVD, having bought a DVD+ recorder earlier this year. (According to norwegian laws, it is legal to copy a film that one owns, in order to have a back-up.) And just a few weeks ago, I purchased a copy of "Stamp Day for Superman", from USA through an internet trade. So these are the only two Superman films I have with George Reeves. And I'm craving for more! I could, of course, set about to find some second hand VHS copies of the ones that were officially released in the US through e-bay or something, but very often, people just don't want to go to the trouble of shipping stuff overseas. And as I understand: not every episode was released in this format. So my question is: Is anyone out there recording episodes from the original TV-series on DVD? In which case I would really be interested in getting some. You can get in touch with me by posting a reply to this posting or send a mail to roger@uller.no
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 09:12:29 PM »

Hello to you down in Norway,

I am further then you being from outer space.  No, sorry, I do not have the antique system of dvd to produce these shows.  My super-computer is way too much advanced to have this.  
I do believe thought that these will eventually show up on dvd as everything is coming up on dvd.  The reason why it might take so long is that they will make it right.

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 07:39:52 PM »

Wogew, it has been a long wait, but the DVDs are finally available!

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L