superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe SUNSTONEHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Episodes  (Read 7064 times)
shazamtd
Superman Family

« on: February 19, 2003, 10:43:11 AM »

What are some of your favorite episodes?  

Here are mine:

"Panic in the Sky" - A classic!  Possibly the best of the series.

"The Face and the Voice" - I love seeing George Reeves play both the good guy and the bad guy.

"The Perils of Superman" - Great fast paced action!  Not to mention directed by Reeves.

Cheesy  S!

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 07:31:38 PM »

My list has the same episodes you mention, but with a couple of additions:

"Superman on Earth" - the origin episode with some wonderful scenes on Krypton and then later with the boy Clark Kent on the farm.

The sequence where an unbelievably young George Reeves leaves his parent's home is a classic.  Seeing him get his job at the Daily Planet and meeting Perry, Lois, and Jimmy is also an absolute delight.

"All That Glitters" - the final episode, which, like "Perils," was directed by Reeves.  That final scene, an interchange between Clark and Jimmy, is a beautifully bittersweet conclusion to the entire series.  Cool

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
Kal-El10
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 02:06:27 AM »

I hate to be a copy cat but Panic in the Sky is head and shoulders above the rest. The origin show was also very good.  Two more that haven't been mentioned and I can't remember the titles are: the one where a crook steals the costume and Kent strands the two who get the costume on a mountain top.  The other had pirates and Clark actually getting into a fight, running arounbd looking for a place to change. At one point he looks to the sky and says plaintively "Superman where are you?"
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 09:22:48 PM »

Answer to the former would be: "The Stolen Costume" with dan Seymour as the principal baddie who would return as another charcater in "The Mind Machine".

Im a big fan of the Tommy Carr/Phyllis Coates B&W violent era.  Nobody can scream like Phyllis! :shock:
Perry White's Accountant
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 01:21:02 PM »

The Face and the Voice was indeed a fantastic episode, one of the best. I also liked that episode where a gangster who looked exactly like Jimmy Olsen appeared (I think his name was Kid Collins). Unfortunately, I can't remember the title of the episode.

Perry White's Accountant
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 01:25:13 PM »

The title of the episode with Jimmy's double was "Jimmy the Kid."   Cheesy  S!

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Perry White's Accountant
Superman Fan

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 01:32:50 PM »

Quote from: "shazamtd"
The title of the episode with Jimmy's double was "Jimmy the Kid."   Cheesy  S!

Thank you for that.

PWA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L