superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hugh Jackman cast as George Reeves  (Read 11045 times)
Middy Seafort
Superman Fan

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2003, 08:20:57 PM »

I am not entirely dissapointed by the choice of Jackmen; however, I felt that Kyle MacLachlan was more suited for the role. From the test shots, or audition footage, I've seen floating about, MacLachlan seemed to be the top choice for the role.  (Even though I think MacLachlan was a horrible Paul Atredis.)

Unfortunatly, Hollywood does not work on who is the best choice for the role and Jackman is somewhat a "hot property" nowadays.  I am, however, willing to give him a chance.

Middy Seafort

"Better to go into the unknown, than die here alone."
--Earth-Prime Superboy, "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2003, 04:43:13 AM »

Quote from: "Middy Seafort"
I am not entirely dissapointed by the choice of Jackmen; however, I felt that Kyle MacLachlan was more suited for the role. From the test shots, or audition footage, I've seen floating about, MacLachlan seemed to be the top choice for the role.

Very interesting.  The word in the press is that Miramax was objecting to Kyle MacLachlan because of his audition performance.  They claim it wasn't good enough.

Unfortunatly, Hollywood does not work on who is the best choice for the role and Jackman is somewhat a "hot property" nowadays.  I am, however, willing to give him a chance.

I like him.  Remember all the objection to Michael Keaton as Batman?  But the first Batman movie turned out well.

Hollywood has a long tradition of preferring "hot" to "appropriate".  I still remember when they cast Donald O'Connor as Buster Keaton in "The Buster Keaton Story."  A very different type, but a hot name at the time.  I thought it worked.

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2003, 09:03:16 PM »

the Superman doesn't look too bad on a man like the Wolverine suit does so I'm thinking they will stick with the original.

Middy Seafort
Superman Fan

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 07:46:46 PM »

Quote from: "valdemar"
Quote from: "Middy Seafort"
I am not entirely dissapointed by the choice of Jackmen; however, I felt that Kyle MacLachlan was more suited for the role. From the test shots, or audition footage, I've seen floating about, MacLachlan seemed to be the top choice for the role.

Very interesting.  The word in the press is that Miramax was objecting to Kyle MacLachlan because of his audition performance.  They claim it wasn't good enough.

Really. I hadn't read the press on that. But, then again, my taste could be different than the execs at Miramax.

I like him.  Remember all the objection to Michael Keaton as Batman?  But the first Batman movie turned out well.

Hollywood has a long tradition of preferring "hot" to "appropriate".  I still remember when they cast Donald O'Connor as Buster Keaton in "The Buster Keaton Story."  A very different type, but a hot name at the time.  I thought it worked.[/quote]

Agreed. I didn't object to Keaton. In fact, he was the best Batman there ever was.

"Better to go into the unknown, than die here alone."
--Earth-Prime Superboy, "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2003, 01:06:32 AM »

Why do I get the feeling that this superman movie will be better than that other over budgeted mess.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2003, 10:52:03 PM »

Didn't Hugh Jackman appear as Superman on a SNL sketch when he hosted or have I been downing too much Kandorian brandy? :wink:

Actually Im a little slow on the upatake here-- Hugh is OUT thanks to Van Helsing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L