superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:42:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hugh Jackman cast as George Reeves  (Read 11048 times)
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« on: February 20, 2003, 07:09:09 AM »

The news is that Hugh Jackman has been cast as George Reeves in the upcoming murder mystery biopic, Truth, Justice & the American Way.

He did an excellent job as Wolverine in X-Men, this movie just keeps getting better and better  Cool

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 12:33:38 PM »

Jackman is a surprising choice but not a disappointing one.  I'm more anxious to see it now.   Smiley  S!

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 03:57:28 PM »

I would have preferred someone more Superman-ish.  And having someone who can capture Reeves' smile and charm is absolutely essential.

I think they only chose Hugh Jackman because of his big name appeal.

But Brendan Fraser would have been completely perfect as Reeves and had the big name.

Kyle MacLachlan was an excellent choice and I was rooting for him.  I know that he had been lobbying for the role and I think he was even cast by the Polish brothers before they got thrown off the project.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Kal-El10
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 02:09:23 AM »

I've never seen MacLachan show the personality to be Reeves though Fraser would have been a good choice, in fact I'd still vote for him as Superman in the upcoming movies over the other choices. I think Jackman will do fine.
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 08:33:44 PM »

He seems better to just stick with Wolverine.

lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2003, 12:44:38 AM »

Gee if he plays George Reeves and wears a Superman costume does that mean on the various DC messages boards we will see such classic threads such as Wolverine or Superman which Hugh Jackson character would kick the others butt? :lol:

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2003, 03:32:55 AM »

If they show him in a Superman costume, will it be a retro 1950's George Reeves looking costume, or will it be a more modern one, like from the movie or Lois and Clark?  A retro costume would be more accurate, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if they used one of the newer designs.

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2003, 08:28:12 AM »

I hope they use the George Reeves design.  It wouldn't be logical not to.   S!

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L