superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Villain! Villain! Who's Got the Villain?"  (Read 6081 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: September 23, 2003, 05:59:58 PM »

The WORLD'S FINEST TEAM of
THE MIGHTY SUPERMAN and THE DREAD BATMAN
join forces against the FIENDISH LEX LUTHOR in...

"VILLAIN! VILLAIN!
WHO'S GOT the VILLAIN?"

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
jezor
Superman Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 07:27:34 PM »

With all due respect to Great Rao for his work on this site, why on Earth (or Krypton) was this story selected for inclusion here?  The action is odd, the conclusion is cute but out of place, and the art?  As much as I enjoyed Alex Toth's work as the animator of TV's Super Friends, it is difficult to view on the printed (or scanned) page.  {Jonathan, hoping for more Supergirl and 70's era stories}
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 04:51:16 AM »

Every story is here for a reason.

Except maybe for the Super-Sons...

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 04:51:47 PM »

I really like the way Superman and Batman's relationship is presented here.  And I love seeing Maggin's Luthor being oh-so clever and smart and yet in the end being outwitted by his own ego, not being able to believe that anyone else could possibly be as smart as he is.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 02:23:16 AM »

Quote from: "jezor"
With all due respect to Great Rao for his work on this site, why on Earth (or Krypton) was this story selected for inclusion here?  The action is odd, the conclusion is cute but out of place, and the art?  As much as I enjoyed Alex Toth's work as the animator of TV's Super Friends, it is difficult to view on the printed (or scanned) page.  {Jonathan, hoping for more Supergirl and 70's era stories}

Elliott Maggin - writer

Alex Toth- artist

Superman, Batman
Lex Luthor
Red Kryptonite

Gee seems to me when all is added together that it is a great addition to the site.

Now I do agree with more 1970's era stories .... hint, hint great one

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 04:11:06 AM »

Hey - I enjoyed the story myself! Cheesy

Im always one for diversity and Alex Toth is a master of deceptive simplicity in his compositions and characterizations.  :arrow:  S!
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 01:17:32 PM »

except for the part of Batman getting a balloon from a tree.. this is a good rendition of a "Dark Knight" batman.. one who's only grim and gritty towards cowardly and suprstitious criminals.. but a warm person for his friends (and he plays a joke at clark too at the end)

though how did he change so fast (faster than clark)... Cheesy Cheesy he has to remove the merchant mask, the layers of upper clothing, the pants... and he did it all while a child was Falling.. Cheesy Cheesy

one answer..

1. TAKE IT FOR GRANTED Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BTW I have this story.. and with this and "The Day the cheering stopped" already here at STTA

That ONLY leaves "Alan Moore's For the Man who has everything".

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L