superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:25:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Supergirl Costume  (Read 15046 times)
comicfan
Superman's Pal

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 04:19:41 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, there's only two "true" Supergirl costumes- the original one-piece blue dress, and the Helen Slater movie/Matrix version.  The rest are too trendy.

Though I think the animated Supergirl costume is cute. :wink:
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 05:25:26 PM »

Kara's original all-blue costume is (naturally) a "classic", but I always wondered about the practicality of adding RED belt loops.  By the way, did later colorists omit this detail and just left them blue?

The Helen Slater movie version and to a slightly lesser extent the first Matrix/Linda version are also personal favorites.

I thought the hotpants outfit looked fine (though better with boots rather than pixie shoes), but I didn't like the cape wrapped around her neck.  I know Kara's Kryptonian windpipe would be safe, but it always looked like she was in danger of choking if that cape got snagged.  I notice the Alex Ross poster has the cape attached to her costume's neckline -- was this alteration seen in her later comic appearances?

The Crisis uniform took some getting used to.  That pleated skirt made Kara look like a cheerleader, and the headband screamed "Jazzercize!"  ;-)  However, I've grown to appreciate it -- after all, it WAS designed by Linda's adopted Mom, so how could Supergirl reject such a gesture of maternal love?

I thought the Kara In-Ze animated uniform was a fresh look that aptly defined this character as a separate individual than the original Kara or Matix/Linda.  But when DC muddied the waters by having Linda assume this costume, my enthusiasm waned.  I'd rather just the animated Kara In-Ze wear this.

The "Mod" hipboots and gloves costume is too dated for my tastes, but hey -- fashions can always stage a comeback, right?  The "Kingdom Come" costume has too much red, and the "pancho/lioncloth" extension of the cape down the front and tapering below the belt doesn't impress me -- it also diminishes the "S" shield.  

As for the "new Kara", the costume is a mish-mash of earlier styles.  I wish they tone down the trim, especially the gold edging on the cape -- too much like the Marvel Family.  And please change that sloppy belt!  Ironically, the SOLE original aspect of her costume only manages to cheapen the entire outfit!

DTO
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 09:22:27 PM »

I think she would look grate in the same Costume as Superman.

Short Round is cooler than Indy
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 11:09:31 PM »

The 1st one and the movie style ones are the best, IMHO.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Tiberious
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2004, 06:51:54 PM »

I kind of like the animated one from the wb cartoon Adventures of Superman. But I also like the supergirl movie costume.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L