superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did Lois forget that Klark is Superman, if she did?  (Read 4231 times)
KwaiChangCaine
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: November 03, 2003, 12:34:03 AM »

Hello guys! Sorry about my English, which aren't very accurate, and about the fact that I waste a little of your time. But I have a question, and I would really like to know your opinion. And if you know that the director has told anything about the matter, please let me know.

I remember that in Superman 2 Klark reveals to Lois his secret identity. Almost at the end of the movie they kiss each other. After that, Lois behaves as if she has forgotten everything. What do you think? Has Lois really forgotten, or she just pretends? If she has forgotten, how did it happen? By the kiss, maybe?

And what could it mean? That Lois is very emotional, so that her love about Klark is so strong that it has made Lois to forget? Or that somehow Klark took her memories from her? I personally believe the first one, but my friends tell me that Lois is too clever for such a thing to happen to her. And I don't think that Superman has any, e.g. telepathetic powers. Eventhough that in Lois & Klark Kryptonians can communicate each other telepathetically.

What do you think? I would really like to know.
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 06:55:03 PM »

Hello to you,

The comic book answer pre-crisis is that Superman has the power of hypnotism.  He has sometimes used it in the comic books too.  In the movie, Superman walks the thin line.  It seems as though his kiss made Lois forget but the core-fans know that he has hypnotized her into forgetfullness.
Brainiac has tried to kiss his landlord but she remembered he had to pay for his space-dock bill anyhow.  I don't suggest you try kissing people into forgetting things...

Miss Danvers
Supermen of America

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 11:29:37 PM »

I always thought that part was a bit silly...after everything he kisses her and alls forgotten.

Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 01:26:59 AM »

Yeah, I always thought the Amnesia Kiss was a bit silly. But I guess they had to find some way to re-establish the status quo, else they'd really be in hot water with DC Comics. I mean, Lois isn't supposed to know Clark is Superman, at least not at that point in time.

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 02:21:06 PM »

I've always had this funny thought - what if Luthor discovered his identity - would he kiss him to make him forget?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L