superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonBatman!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supergirl and the Teen Titans  (Read 5498 times)
Just a fan
Superman Family

« on: November 23, 2003, 04:53:22 PM »

Has anyone else ever wonder why Supergirl (pre crisis) was never invited to join the TT's?  Do you think the writers back then were to trying to keep it from looking to much like Jr JLA? I'd be inteested in hearing some thoughts on this?

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 01:56:28 AM »

Quote from: "Just a fan"
Has anyone else ever wonder why Supergirl (pre crisis) was never invited to join the TT's?  Do you think the writers back then were to trying to keep it from looking to much like Jr JLA? I'd be inteested in hearing some thoughts on this?

My thoughts...at that time Kryptonians were a hell of a lot more powerful than they are now.  And Kara would have overshadowed the TT even more than Kal overshadowed the other members of the JLA.

It would have been Supergirl and her helpers: the Teen Titans  :lol:

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Sam
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 10:53:10 PM »

I think there already have Superboy and Wonder girl. Are they enough strong for Teen Titans?

Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 04:29:24 PM »

Supergirl joining the Teen Titans in the silver-age?  I never even thought of it - it might've been good.  Maybe she did join for some stories though?  I don't know...

Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 09:24:52 PM »

I don't recall any stories where Kara joined the TT's but I could be wrong (I've been wrong before)[/quote]

Supseus_Maximus
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 02:32:42 PM »

I agree with Sam.

And cats enjoy potatos.
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 02:08:31 PM »

Looks likea few of you are thinking about todays TT's I was asking about the TT's from before the 60's and 70's era (back when Robin was still in short pants and Speedy and Kid Flash refered to Wonder Girl as "Wonder Chick.

darkmark90
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 01:49:13 AM »

Well, here's something to think about:  back when the Titans were coming out, Supergirl was graduating high school and enrolling in college.  So Mort Weisinger might have been reluctant to let her take part in a group which would be labelled as "Teen", if he wanted to let her mature into her twenties.  (She did graduate after the Weisinger days and go to work in San Francisco.)

But more likely, Mort just didn't want to relinquish control of her.  In 1960, he flatly didn't want Superman participating much in the JLA, feeling it would overexpose the character (or, more likely, concede some control of him to Julie Schwartz).  Jack Leibowitz finally went to Mort and Batman editor Jack Schiff and told them the characters were going to appear fully in JLA, and that was that.  Letting Supergirl become a Teen Titan would have meant relinquishing some control over Kara.  Mort wouldn't have liked that.  Also, the Titans of the 60's were way under Kara's power level (even Wonder Girl's strength and Kid Flash's speed weren't used to their greatest extent),  and she'd probably have either overshadowed them or have been underplayed terribly.

At least, that's my take on it.

I'm a BIG writer of fanfic, much of it about Supergirl but covering lots of characters in lots of comic universes.  Check the stories out at http://Dark_Mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm and at http://darkmark90.tripod.com/darkmark2.html .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L