superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:55:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight Justice League "Comfort and Joy"  (Read 4766 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« on: December 13, 2003, 09:48:14 PM »

Don't forget to catch Justice League on Cartoon Network. Tonight's episode entitled Comfort and Joy finds the league going their separate ways to celebrate Christmas.

Showtime: fullscreen 10:00pm EST
                widescreen 1:00am EXT

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 02:18:30 PM »

Great episode. Paul Dini gave us quite a present this year and I hope he's back for more. Between his animated series work and his work with Alex Ross I'm becoming more convinced that he's maybe one of 5 writers on the planet that truly get DC characters and how to execute them

I loved pretty much everything about this episode, and I enjoyed that Clark is such a big kid when it comes to Christmas.

Basically, it was cute. But it was cute in that really sincere and charming way. The kind of way that you want out of a Christmas themed story.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 03:26:33 PM »

I enjoyed this episode as well. At least this Superman acts like he is suppose to, unlike his own comic. All the stories were really sweet, hopefully they will show it every year Smiley

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 05:31:16 PM »

Yeah, it was great to see Clark again. Not that I mind the powers and the super-adventure, but it's nice to get down to Earth for these slice of life stories. Always fun to see Smallville again too, and what better place for the Martian Manhunter to learn the true meaning of Christmas than in Superman's hometown? Smiley That, and the Flash's herculean efforts to get the orphans the toy they wanted are hilarious. Wink

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 09:16:09 AM »

Good one-shot episode..

at least whenever JL does a characterization ep like this one, it feels like a reward after all those adventures..

Whereas, in X-men: evolution it feels like a bane when you have dweebs like Kitty and Kurt (nightcrawler) not contributing to any story but having "Kurt is like totally getting fur on my _____" squabbling "just to show their characters"... Sheesh!!

My favorite side-sroty of the 3 is the Flash/Humanite/Rubber Duckie one..

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 09:18:50 AM »

heh

Clark still believes in santa claus  :lol:  .. (wonder why he didn't track him down at the north pole all these years)..

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L