superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some info please  (Read 5899 times)
Just a fan
Superman Family

« on: December 18, 2003, 06:15:06 AM »

First I'd like to say I think you're doing a great job with this site. I see a lot of request for stories, but I was wondering and I'm sure other new members are too, what does it take to get these stories online like this.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 03:45:37 AM »

Hey, Just a fan - welcome and that's a good question.

If I really like a story, and own it, then I'll scan it in and add it to the site.

If I really really like a story, I'll buy it and then scan it in and add it the the site.

Sometimes other people in the forum will scan a story and send it to me.   This has happened a couple of times.  If you see a "contributed by" credit on the bottom of a story page, then it was scanned and sent in.  Otherwise I put the story up myself.

But I've pretty much exhausted all the good stuff from my own collection and I can't keep spending money on any more Silver Age back issues.  This is a hobby that's already costing me more money than it should.

So, how to get a story online?

Either scan it and send me the pages; ask someone else to do so; donate money to the site so I can buy the comic and scan it myself; or send me the comic and I'll scan it. :-)

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 05:50:49 AM »

Thanks for the info, I might take you up on either scanning a few stories or send them on to you.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 02:37:06 PM »

Here's another factor I forgot - If I really dislike a story or think it's not appropriate, I won't add it.  One guy wrote to me asking if I planned to put up the "Death and Return" of Superman storyline.  I told him not any time soon...

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 07:21:08 PM »

How about a scan of the Superman-Batman story "The Cape and Cowl Crooks" from World's Finest Comics #159, where we meet Anti-Superman and Anti-Batman. Just say the word and I'll send you the scans.

Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.
Proud member of StrikeForce Superman.
GoldKryptonite
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 03:39:16 AM »

Any interest in parts 1 and 2 of "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow"?

If so, I'll scan them and send them to you.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 06:01:56 PM »

Man I have to get s canner so I can donate "Jimmy Olsen's Monster Movie"--IMHO one of the best and bizarre JOs ever!
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 07:18:24 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Man I have to get s canner so I can donate "Jimmy Olsen's Monster Movie"--IMHO one of the best and bizarre JOs ever!

Oh yeah!  Titano the Super Ape versus the Flame Dragon from Krytpton! :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L