superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:01:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hELP IN sUperMAn DISs!  (Read 12862 times)
heaRTofSTeel
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: January 07, 2004, 05:59:05 AM »

hey my peeps im wondering if anyone can help me out on this one..
my friend is a rabid batman fan while I am for The man Of Steel but he says batman Can kick SM's ass anyday.... the argument would go on forever.. He said THat their is AN episode WHen batman comes to metropolis and takes Lois Lane from Clark and then KIcks supermaNS ass... please if anyone knows which episode it is holla at me....

it ONly takes ONe man To chANge The FAte OF THe World..... :roll:
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 03:14:16 PM »

Dude, your keyboard is whacked!

The episode(s) you want are collected in the DVD/VHS "Batman-Superman Movie."  Bruce Wayne comes to Metropolis and romances Lois Lane, but I don't know if it's fair to say he steals her away, since Clark is not involved with her on the show and Superman shows only slight romantic interest in her.

As for the fight, there is one brief scene where Superman pulls Batman off a crook he's beating up and growls that's not the way things are done in Metropolis.  Batman surprises Supes with a judo throw that sends him over Bats' shoulder and onto the floor.  Then Supes zips back to crash into Bats at super-speed, but Bats pulls a chunk of Kryptonite and the fight's over.

Nobody whupped anybody here, but Batman did come out pretty well, considering he's outclassed power-wise.  Unfortunately, your friend is right when it comes to the comics, where Batman can apparently beat Superman, Galactus and the Almighty, in spite of all logic.

However, in my opinion fans who insist on choosing either Superman or Batman at the expense of the other are cheating themselves out of a lot of fun.

This looks like a job for...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 09:15:02 PM »

I liked that ep, Batman's judo throw reminded me of the Karate Kid using throws and Superboy's strength against him when he was first auditioning for the Legion of Super Heroes...Superboy eventually caught and whacked him, but said "anyone who can give me that kind of tussle belongs in the Legion"... Cool
sfan2003
Superman's Pal

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 11:37:15 PM »

I think Superman can win a fight wth bats hands down no questions asked.

Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 05:41:50 PM »

I'm no Batman fan and am a big Superman fan.  Still...  Now anyone can be defeated by anyone under the right circumstances but...  If you put Supreman nude with Batman nude in a cage, you might end up with dead bat-meat...  
Just as it doesn't make sense to have Daredevil win over Thor, Batman winning over Superman always made my senses hurt...  
Now, that said, this doesn't mean that anyone is greater than anyone.  They are different.  That's all.  If strenght was all, it would make Jesus, Boudha and a lot of other religious figures very little.  It would make Hitler very good.

Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 01:06:17 AM »

The big who can whip who (or is it whom) debate has been going on as long as I can remember. The problem is you can never get to the "if all factors were equal" status, if you take away all of superman’s powers then you need to take away all batman’s years of training and make them just two guys in a bar fight, and that isn't going to happen.  And does it really make a difference? These two men represent the epitome of what a hero should be, each using his powers and abilities to make the world a little better and safer then it was yesterday.  Both hold themselves to a standard that is impossible to achieve and inspire those around them to reach for the same goal.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
blitzschlange
Superman Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 01:14:44 AM »

I agree with that.  However, NOT taking everything away and NOT reducing this to the status of a bar fight strongly suggests to me that Batman would win.  I'm all about Superman, but Batman cheats, Batman fights dirty, Batman goes for his enemies' weak spots, and Batman is always ten steps ahead.  That being said, I think he'd be able to defeat Superman.   I hate that, but I think he'd win.  Superpowers are cool and all, but the Bat could beat the whole JLA if he had to.  He just thinks that way.
sungodsavior
Superman Fan

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 01:32:17 AM »

I love both superman and batman but would like to point out that superman gave batman the kryptonite ring because he knew that if anyhing ever when wrong and he needed to be stoped the only one who could even have a fighting chance would be bats.

In brightest day
In blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Beware my power
Supermans might
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L