superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:54:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hELP IN sUperMAn DISs!  (Read 12325 times)
Anonymous
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2004, 05:39:55 AM »

On the contrary, Superman probably *does* think Batman has some chance of beating him without Kryptonite.  The reason he gave it to him is that, *with* the Kryptonite, he has a much greater chance.

It's not like there's only two states of being - "Batman can always beat Superman" and "Batman can never beat Superman".  The outcome is heavily influenced by the circumstances of the battle.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, furrfu.
Tiberious
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2004, 11:03:05 AM »

That's exactly what I meant nightwing.
Though this may not affect the outcome of
the battle (or the discussion about it)
I wanted to ask:

Why does everyone always want to de-power Superman.
Yes I know the general answers to that, though some people
would love a god-like Superman who can kick anyone's rear (yes I'm one of them) its not as fun to read comics about an invinsible character
who has almost to chances of losing (I GUESS that makes sense, sheesh)
but HERE'S my big question, why is everyone wanted to de-power Superman, but other characters like Batman are never 'de-powered'
I mean COME ON, Batman! BATMAN. BATMAN!? He's NOT human, yes yes dc claims he is, but no no, he really is not. The beatings he's taken, the stuff that has happened to him, no, either he's got some wolverine like healing powers OR hm well someone has been overpowering him for YEARS and no one has female-dogged about it.
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2004, 04:05:25 AM »

Batman hasn't been human since 1985.  Look at Dark Knight.  He'd been retired for ten years, and had taken up smoking and drinking.  The only reason Batman won is because Frank Miller and Denny O'Neil's hatred of Superman.  Why else would they have Superman go through the battle without unplugging Batman's armor?  And since when could a missile from Earth harm the Man of Steel?  No Terran weapons had ever been able to harm Superman before this.  Why now?  

Because Miller and O'Neil wouldn't have had the story they wanted otherwise!    

I also think Superman gave Batman the K-Ring because Batman was the only hero Superman believed would kill him.  Green Lantern wouldn't need Kryptonite, nor would Flash, Wonder Woman, or the Martian Manhunter.

ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 04:44:51 AM »

the debate rages TV Tome

MK
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L