superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Superman Multiverse  (Read 44736 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2004, 04:37:15 AM »

wonderful!

You must take a look here : http://superman.nu/Costumes/

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2004, 04:39:32 AM »

Dylan, you've got Legion on the brain. Wink

Impressive pic Tri, as always. As to your Mr. Majestic query, I say go for it. You could even have a little homage to Superman's "dopplegangers" in various non-DC titles. Hyperion from Squadron Supreme, Majestic, Supreme, Captain Marvel/Shazam. . .the works. Smiley

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2004, 04:47:59 AM »

Here is another great site for ideas! http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/asimov/20/anuales.html

oh, and don't forget to draw Super Monkey  Tongue

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2004, 05:09:22 AM »

Quote from: "Defender"
Dylan, you've got Legion on the brain. Wink

-Def.

Sigh..... Guilty as charged Smiley

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2004, 06:33:49 AM »

Hey dont forget me- the Superman of the 30th Century who has no time for those teen age LSH whelps--Im just like the Superman of 1965 except sea water makes me hurl and I have bangs and a less pronounced jaw.

There's a computer I work for who's meaner than Perry White and I battle Muto, he of the big yellow head, who was born in a dimensional rift.

Yeah okay I love the 30th century and the LSH myself, Tri - but couldnt you do them in Silver Age garb.  What's Lightning Lad without a cape and metal arm?  Oh, Starfinger that's right. :wink:
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2004, 07:15:35 PM »

Awesome GA Superman, Tri-Saber!  

Yes, there were a lot of "S" designs to choose from in the Golden Age, but I'm not sure this was one of them (!).  It was, however, used in Ward's painting as you say, and starting with that wedding issue in Action Comics, it was consistently the "S" assigned to "Earth-2" Superman, as seen in the "Mr and Mrs Superman" feature, at least one JLA/JSA crossover and the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

So while it probably rules as the most-often used "S" for GA Superman, ironically it may never have actually appeared on his chest in the Golden Age (!?).

Anyway the important thing is it looks terrific.  And while I like the Legion, I hope you'll continue to create these other Supermen for us to see.  It's great stuff!

This looks like a job for...
TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2004, 06:40:47 AM »

I've been doing some thinking about what you wrote, Nightwing ... and I've come to the conclusion that you have a valid point. I want to have my version be as close as possible to the Golden Age Superman that actually appeared in the Golden Age. This, plus my first look at the Superman & Batman: Generations 2 trade paperback where John Byrne drew the Golden Age Superman with the triangular "S" emblem, convinced me to rework my interpretation of the Golden Age Superman and replace the "Earth-2" emblem with the triangular crest of the early Siegal/Shuster days. Plus, I've abandoned the Wayne Boring art style in favor of my own, and made much more use of gradient shading to bring the figure out more. I think this version of Supes looks more "Golden Age" than the previous one. Opinions, everyone?

Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.
Proud member of StrikeForce Superman.
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2004, 08:50:03 AM »

Good stuff Tri. The piece has a lot more definition, this Superman has the Golden Age sensibility combined with modern cool. I like.

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L