superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:42:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Superman Multiverse  (Read 44729 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2004, 05:26:56 PM »

Beautiful work once again!

You can edit the other one to make him into the Earth-2 Superman.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2004, 03:35:26 AM »

Or better yet, make his eyes squinty and put the Fliesher \S/ on him!  Cheesy

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2004, 12:53:31 PM »

Or better yet, make his eyes squinty and put the Fliesher \S/ on him!

I was trying to figure out what was nagging at me, and I think this is it.  I think of GA Superman as having a perpetual grin and squinty eyes.  This image, he looks a lot more PO'd.

Which is not to say he never got mad in the old days, mind you.  This image works as a "I just broke down your door, and now you're gonna get it, Nazis!" as opposed to "here I am being Superman for the cameras."

The darker colors, especially on the trunks, are a nice touch.  And now you have TWO Superman for your collection...GA Supes and Earth-2 Supes.

Now you just need to do me a "Superman as Nightwing" and we'll both be happy. :-)

This looks like a job for...
TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2004, 03:14:12 PM »

Hows about my take on Superman from the Elseworlds Story "The Once and Future League" published in JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA ANNUAL #8 (1994)? Plus, a bit of a revamp on my original Golden Age Superman. Coming up soon.

Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.
Proud member of StrikeForce Superman.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2004, 09:56:10 PM »

That's all well and good, but he must do all of our Superman related namesakes, well maybe not brainaic Wink  Tongue

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2004, 04:58:13 AM »

And here he is folks. I present you with the first Elseworlds Superman rendition. His name is Perry Ross, and through genetic engineering he's assumed the role of the Man of Tomorrow in a future Justice League that will save the world from the tyranny of the evil Felix Faust: Superman: The Once and Future League from JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA ANNUAL #8.

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2004, 04:39:02 PM »

I have no idea who that is, but the art is great, I think that your style fits the spirit of Superman perfectly. How is your website coming along?

- Elliot S! Maggin
TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2004, 03:19:44 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I have no idea who that is, but the art is great, I think that your style fits the spirit of Superman perfectly. How is your website coming along?

Well, I'm just fleshing out how the page layout is going to work, where the images will go (and what size they'll be), what categories I'm going to have, and so on. I think I've got the final look of what the pages will look like, and right now I'm in the process of piecing a couple of them together to see how well they'll work.

More to come. Stay tuned!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L